Just before Take Off.....

Name
jo
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a couple more of this crow, as I sneaked up to it... But this is my favourite, it sussed me and legged it..

Hi Ellie.

Crows tend not to be easy subjects as they don't tend to hang about. I don't think the strong lighting has helped here as the image is a bit too bright. I think you would have gotten away with a faster shutter speed and this would also have helped give a sharper image(y). With birds/animals and even humans, it's almost always the case that the eyes/face/head have to be sharp. This one is a little out of focus on the eyes and the head. It looks like the focus has been on the tail as it is sharp enough. I think you could've used a smaller aperture too which would help the focus issues. :)

Good attempt though, keep it up. (y)

Hi Ellie.

Crows tend not to be easy subjects as they don't tend to hang about. I don't think the strong lighting has helped here as the image is a bit too bright. I think you would have gotten away with a faster shutter speed and this would also have helped give a sharper image(y). With birds/animals and even humans, it's almost always the case that the eyes/face/head have to be sharp. This one is a little out of focus on the eyes and the head. It looks like the focus has been on the tail as it is sharp enough. I think you could've used a smaller aperture too which would help the focus issues. :)

Good attempt though, keep it up. (y)

I agree here. Most birds are hard but the killer for making a shot 'pop' is the focus point and sharpness. The ground just behind the crow looks very sharp so check the focus point and also the focus tracking. Composition is really nice though....

A

Back