Just Like 1591

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
No
There's been so much rain lately water is running in Drake's Leat again. Usually dry the original start is now under Burrator Reservoir.

For info Drake's or Plymouth Leat was opened in 1591. Sir Francis Drake, hero of the Spanish Armada and the 3rd person to circumnavigate the globe was Lord Mayor of Plymouth at the time.

Just Like 1591

Last edited:
There's been so much rain lately water is running in Drake's Leat again. Usually dry the original start is now under Burrator Reservoir.

Just Like 1591

good historical connection there...if you like history put some details on as well...saves me googling the date and place
i study some medieval and later history..the Plantagenets to Charles the second era

Very nice well composed shot, good lead in from the stream with some pleasant colours.(y)

George.

Okay. Thanks Wayne. I don't get to the south west corner of the moor that often (bit of a camel trek from here) so it's the bit I know least well.
I'm like that with the eastern fringe of the moor, particularly the enclosed bits of it. We make a bit of an effort in the summer but this time of year with short days we like to get soaked closer to home. :)

we like to get soaked closer to home.

Ha I know that feeling, but even the east side is an hour and a half for me. However while anyone else mad enough to be out is huddling under their hatchbacks in the rain as they hop on one foot taking their boots off I'm sitting in the back of my Defender in comfort, changing my clothes and having a drink and something to eat before the drive home. Wish I still had the base I used to have at Haytor.................

Just feel like i want to walk over that bridge seeing this :)

Back