Just made Flickr Explore, with this?

Maybe they have changed the coding for the program that chooses which images get picked for Explore, a lot of messing about on Flickr again. Not that it is a bad shot.:)

I don't get the "explore" thing. Not that thats a bad image, but ive seen some crap on there.

Maybe they have changed the coding for the program that chooses which images get picked for Explore, a lot of messing about on Flickr again. Not that it is a bad shot.:)

I don't get the "explore" thing. Not that thats a bad image, but ive seen some crap on there.

No idea, it's certainly not one of my best photographs on my Flickr stream.....but it's certainly pushing up my daily stats !!

My Explored image from a couple of years ago was a bit of a mystery to me. It certainly wasn't one of my favourites.

Out of interest, do you have a Pro account for the stats?

Explore is based on who faves and comments, what ratio of people visiting do so, and how much explore juice they in turn themselves have. Which is calculated by the number of their followers.

As you say Jeff, there seems no logic sometimes - random indeed - perhaps they should rename it Enigma ?

How quickly an image receives views, faves, and comments. There are rumoured to be other factors including time of day, and number of groups that it has been submitted to.

I've had some awful images go into Explore.

Any images I've had go Explore are always on a Saturday morning, fresh upload, tagged, titled and shoved into a few groups.

Back