Just practicing.

Maybe move slightly further away from the background to reduce the darker shadows from the light to your right. I assume that was shot with one light at 45 degrees to the side and above?

Love the styling colours and tones you used here.
I think you done a great job.

Gaz

Maybe move slightly further away from the background to reduce the darker shadows from the light to your right. I assume that was shot with one light at 45 degrees to the side and above?

You assume incorrectly. 3 lights for this.

I like it. Left foot flat on the floor though for me. It looks like you broke your ankle vs the careful composition of everything else...

Very minor though.

Great shot, maybe a tad dark on middle of background right.

Cheers,
Dougie.

I like it! Is that a painted backdrop? Care to share your 3 light setup?

It certainly is its from Artery Backdrops out of Serbia, they are amazing.

The lighting is 3 3x1 Rotalux, 2 camera left one horizontal about level with my ear, the second at the end of the horizontal closer to the camera, this one is vertical but effectively enlarging the main light. The last is camera right vertical as a fill.

The lighting is 3 3x1 Rotalux, 2 camera left one horizontal about level with my ear, the second at the end of the horizontal closer to the camera, this one is vertical but effectively enlarging the main light. The last is camera right vertical as a fill.

Thanks for the info. Doubling up with two soft boxes I've not had to do myself, my 135 is still really too big for home use, unless people are kneeling or lying down.
Those backdrops look the biz, but certainly up there with the pricing too. I've been hovering for a while about trying out a cheaper option through Bespoke Backdrops. Really do want a painted bg.

Thanks for the info. Doubling up with two soft boxes I've not had to do myself, my 135 is still really too big for home use, unless people are kneeling or lying down.
Those backdrops look the biz, but certainly up there with the pricing too. I've been hovering for a while about trying out a cheaper option through Bespoke Backdrops. Really do want a painted bg.

You can make them if you have the time and space. I bought two during an offer, they are well worth the investment. In the backdrop work they are really quite cheap for a bespoke backdrop, no one in the world has the two that I have which really adds especially to high end portraits.

What size backdrop is the one you are using please? I was looking ate their site and am not sure what I'd need for similar. I think yours looks superb, and the fact the are not folded also makes me think it is worth spending a bit extra to try one of these.

Back