Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

Like it and especially your daughter's cheeky grin.

I wonder if a closer crop would add more drama/impact.

Cheers.
Like this? Personally not sure but then I've been looking at it for too long

IMG_4149-Edit.jpg 7

Hi Chris,
Tiny - Like it. On theme and well captured with quite a large range of tones between the clouds and the darker areas (y)
Face - As Allan says... Bang on (y)
The tighter crop definitely emphasises that she's just about to burst out with a fit of the giggles at you... :)

Hi Chris,
Tiny - Like it. On theme and well captured with quite a large range of tones between the clouds and the darker areas (y)
Face - As Allan says... Bang on (y)
The tighter crop definitely emphasises that she's just about to burst out with a fit of the giggles at you... :)
Thanks Tim

I went out without much idea of what to shoot for agriculture but was drawn to gates and the detritus that the custodians of this green-and-pleasant see fit to leave around and it does reflect the curious mix that I feel about agriculture. I've left the image large because I am really cheating and sneaking in a series rather than a single image ;)

IMG_4167-Edit by TheWub, on Flickr

Last edited:
Quite like this take ( shoehorn ish ) on agriculture Chris. A farmers field can do agriculture, plus in one you have the sheep :) I will have to learn how to do photos like this too, ie together.

agriculture

NOUN
mass noun
  • The science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products.
Don't see how a shoe horn is required. I live in a rural village and as I said, this for me sums up the mixed feelings I have about agriculture. Without it we would live in a forest, with it we get open spaces and green fields but with that comes fences, walls, gates, barbed wire and blue plastic tubs. Thanks for commenting, each to their own I guess

I don't see it as a shoehorn it's very agricultural four good images which all tie in to each other and the theme

agriculture

NOUN
mass noun
  • The science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products.
Don't see how a shoe horn is required. I live in a rural village and as I said, this for me sums up the mixed feelings I have about agriculture. Without it we would live in a forest, with it we get open spaces and green fields but with that comes fences, walls, gates, barbed wire and blue plastic tubs. Thanks for commenting, each to their own I guess

Hi Chris, I do like the shot as said, in the brackets you will see I put ish, so I was not really saying a shoehorn, and sorry if you thought I was.

Seems bang on theme to me Chris, and I like all 4 parts of the image.
If I were being really picky, the sky is blown in the bottom left, but there is so little it doesn't matter.
(y)
Thanks TIm, that's why it's cropped like that ;), I did want to get out and reshoot that but weather and then time are against me this week.

Nice idea Chris, though I would have the gates in opposite corners to even them out, but still, love the bright summery colours and a nice collection for the theme, works well mate (y)
Thanks Dean, did have them like that but then decided that I liked the cut-off end of the gate bars in the middle, with hind sight I suppose I could have flipped on of them.

Thanks Dean, did have them like that but then decided that I liked the cut-off end of the gate bars in the middle, with hind sight I suppose I could have flipped on of them.
Well if you tried and it didn't suit you made the right decision :)

Exactly, they all work well together.

This take also reminds me of all the nice lands I wanted to camp on/lay down on the grass etc, but all were private, so no joy... :D

I think, no I know this is great. Wonderfully executed, a nice hint of reflection on the floor and works well in mono (y)(y)

Graceful, now this shot I really do like Chris, main focus on the Ballarina foot and on toes, like the faint reflection and tile line, plus a great BG to really make the shot stand out well (y)(y)

I think, no I know this is great. Wonderfully executed, a nice hint of reflection on the floor and works well in mono (y)(y)

Thanks for the encouraging comments guys, really appreciate them. Getting that reflection in the tiles without other reflections was a nightmare but worth it it seems.

Perfect for the theme, and the slight reflection has already been mentioned but it does work very well

... Thought I'd commented on Agriculture, must have forgotten the post reply button ... love bottom right as a standalone.

Graceful ... perfect. :clap:

... Thought I'd commented on Agriculture, must have forgotten the post reply button ... love bottom right as a standalone.

Graceful ... perfect. :clap:
Thanks David, I wasn't overly happy with that bottom right shot for agriculture but glad you liked it.

Thanks Tim

PABD from me this week, I'm on holiday and only have limited gear (5 cameras, 9 lenses :oops: :$, like to travel light) so here's a phone snap.
IMG_20170724_123139973.jpg

Hi Chris - hope you'e enjoying your holiday, trying for a bit of a catch up.
Progress - nice thinking behind the shot...certainly got people talking!
Pleasure - the ultimate summer in the garden shot - definitely my sort of drink! i love the pretty flowery bokeh and the light through the glass. My only tiny nitpick would be the moisture stains at the bottom of the glass darkening the wood...but that really is a nit pick!
Tiny - great angle on this bizarre and colourful kite!
Face - I liked the original a lot but Andy's suggestion for a crop does highlight the great interaction between you and your daughter's delightful expression.
Agriculture - nice collection of shots - I like seeing these little details around the countryside.
Graceful - just lovely with the separation of the shoe and that hint of reflection. I wouldn't want to see the bottom of the reflection lost in a crop.
Fruit - frame filling juiciness - well done for getting the shot in whilst away!

Well done for keeping up-to-date even when on holiday. On theme and on subject.
Thanks Stan

Hi Chris - hope you'e enjoying your holiday, trying for a bit of a catch up.
Progress - nice thinking behind the shot...certainly got people talking!
Pleasure - the ultimate summer in the garden shot - definitely my sort of drink! i love the pretty flowery bokeh and the light through the glass. My only tiny nitpick would be the moisture stains at the bottom of the glass darkening the wood...but that really is a nit pick!
Tiny - great angle on this bizarre and colourful kite!
Face - I liked the original a lot but Andy's suggestion for a crop does highlight the great interaction between you and your daughter's delightful expression.
Agriculture - nice collection of shots - I like seeing these little details around the countryside.
Graceful - just lovely with the separation of the shoe and that hint of reflection. I wouldn't want to see the bottom of the reflection lost in a crop.
Fruit - frame filling juiciness - well done for getting the shot in whilst away!
Thanks for taking the time Emma, really appreciate it.

Hi Chris, that's a great subject for Tiny - well spotted! Love the contrast not just in size but also in the bold colours of the inflatable compared to the darker figure of the human below.
Face - looks like you're both trying to keep straight faces and it adds a lovely warmth and intimacy to the image, especially in the second cropped image, which works really well.
Agriculture - a different take on the theme that shows the variety of scenes you're likely to see in the country, and they work well together.
Graceful - super shape of the foot and ankle, complemented by the dark background and the hint of a reflection in the tiles. It's one of those 'simple but effective' images that probably took a lot of effort to look 'simple' :clap:
Fruit - the close-up, frame-filling POV is very effective for this subject, and I do like the rich colours and the shiny skin.

Hi Chris, that's a great subject for Tiny - well spotted! Love the contrast not just in size but also in the bold colours of the inflatable compared to the darker figure of the human below.
Face - looks like you're both trying to keep straight faces and it adds a lovely warmth and intimacy to the image, especially in the second cropped image, which works really well.
Agriculture - a different take on the theme that shows the variety of scenes you're likely to see in the country, and they work well together.
Graceful - super shape of the foot and ankle, complemented by the dark background and the hint of a reflection in the tiles. It's one of those 'simple but effective' images that probably took a lot of effort to look 'simple' :clap:
Fruit - the close-up, frame-filling POV is very effective for this subject, and I do like the rich colours and the shiny skin.
Thanks for taking the time Andrea, much appreciated.

So here's some vehicles, that road could do with a bit of maintenance.
20170730112325_IMG_4325.JPG

And here's a prettier shot
20170730111416_IMG_4311.JPG

Back