Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

Nice idea indeed Chris, works well how you have set it out too, lots of detail, all well lit, and a nice story in images :)
Thanks Dean, there were a few flash guns involved in the interior shots, I'm glad the place wasn't busy.

Hi Chris.
The epitome of power, it truly does tell the story of the theme.
:clap:
If I had to choose a weakest image, it would be the middle right one, the others all have motion which always adds to the impact of the image (imo).

Hi Chris.
The epitome of power, it truly does tell the story of the theme.
:clap:
If I had to choose a weakest image, it would be the middle right one, the others all have motion which always adds to the impact of the image (imo).
I agree, I took a several shots of the water wheel but the ambient light was terrible in that dark space so I ended up using flash. I did get a flash shot with some blurring but the lighting was still not very good and I spent a lot of time deliberating which one to use in this post, it was the best of a bad bunch TBH. Before I started shooting my plan was just a single image of the water wheel but I had to revise that plan ;)

Great series of shots to illustrate the theme perfectly. I like the selection of the main photo as it is the best of the set, with some lovely blurrage to illustrate the theme. good work :)
Thanks

I like the collage. Very well put together and each photo individually well shot (y)

Definitely suits the topic and a set that works well together. The water wheel I went to see was 'turned off'.

Attractive, no such thing as an ugly duckling :D it looks very peaceful gliding a long.

Dark, very moody scene, it needs the bright foreground to balance the darkness.

Power, Nice collection of shots to show natural power.

(y)

Yep ... good storyboard, lots going on .... I particularly like mid-right I'm sure there's some good shots to be had there.

Attractive, no such thing as an ugly duckling :D it looks very peaceful gliding a long.

Dark, very moody scene, it needs the bright foreground to balance the darkness.

Power, Nice collection of shots to show natural power.

(y)

Yep ... good storyboard, lots going on .... I particularly like mid-right I'm sure there's some good shots to be had there.

For the theme the darkness of the mountains works well against the yellow of the field. Lots of interesting details to ponder in your collage, too.
Thanks all.

yup, works for me. I like the light on the building and the surrounding fields along with the blueish hills in the background. Might be my eyes but it feels the building is a little off vertical.

yup, works for me. I like the light on the building and the surrounding fields along with the blueish hills in the background. Might be my eyes but it feels the building is a little off vertical.
Thanks Steve, I fiddled around with the rotation and lens corrections and in the end decided to make the tower vertical

Nice. I think you were lucky with the light.
Thanks David, I was hoping there would be more light on the building itself but wrong time of day which is partly why it is so contrasty but glay you like it.

I think it works well as a contrasty image, it really highlights the hall.

I like that photo, really contrasty and very good light!

Great composition with strong leading lines and great colours and textures.

Liking this Chris, interested to how you link it to the theme (Similar to my idea this)... great use of the narrow DoF and the leading lines/gouges, the coloured leaf stands out beautifully, nice one (y)

Great composition with strong leading lines and great colours and textures.

Good take on theme Chris, you could say the cracks and gouges have evolved over many years, with the focus on the fern just coming through :)

Thanks all, I think there are a few possible links to the theme, ferns are more evolved than mosses (the dark coloured bits are mosses), the solution features have evolved over time and the fact that one solution pocket is deeper than the other is perhaps a reflection of how landscapes evolve. Also many of these species have evolved for this specific environement. Did I have all that in mind when I took the shot, no, not really. I went to a location where I thought there might be something loosely related to the theme and snapped away, I had dragon flies and tadpoles more in mind that ferns but there weren’t any about. I went with this shot more for the colours in the fern than anything else.

Last edited:
Back