Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

So...
this probably just reflects my eclectic tastes but the stand out album of the last decade, by a MILE, for me has been Jon Boden's Songs from the floodplain and the best song from that album for me is Dancing in the Factory. The album is a collection of folk songs that might have been written in a somewhat distopian future and was well as it being good music the I find the whole concept of folk songs from the future to be so well imagined. Anyway the final chorus of Dancing in the Factory is.

But I will take the blackthorn path across the parish boundary
Where the ivy and barbed wire entwine and leaves fall all around me
And maybe I will catch the scent of woodsmoke in the valley
Find kisses in the fallout shelter, dancing in the factory
That closed so long ago and no one ever goes there now

I don't think these photos do the song justice but here we go

52-2017-Song1 by TheWub, on Flickr

52-2017-Song2 by TheWub, on Flickr

Nice start to the 52 Chris, like the darkness in the 1st

Nice Lyrics Chris and now I have read them the images fit very well, saying that I really liked the first one before I read it, and interesting image with the buildings' lit and the sky black, cool in letterbox format too (y)

Good to see something a bit different Chris, I think the second one probably suits the words better, but as DK says the first one with the buildings standing out against the darkness makes an intriguing photo.

2nd for me for the lyrics, 1st for the photo.

Thanks all and happy new year.

Not familiar at all with Jon Boden (will look up on Google later) but the lyrics are well composed. Same for your images Chris with #1 best of the two for me.

An interesting selection of song and Artist, the photos illustrate the lyrics very well.

I am familiar with Jon Boden and saw him in concert towards the end of last year and with Bellowhead a number of times.:)

I've never heard of the singer or the song but after reading the lyrics the photos just fit perfectly. I thought the processing also suits the mood too.

Not at all familiar with the song, but two very good images the first image for me I like the dark almost eerie feel across the top of the buildings.

An interesting selection of song and Artist, the photos illustrate the lyrics very well.

I am familiar with Jon Boden and saw him in concert towards the end of last year and with Bellowhead a number of times.:)

Thanks all.

I prefer #1, the exposure and processing hit the mood of the song perfectly.

Wonderful lyrics - definitely one to look up I think Chris. I like the peek of broken window through the barbed wire and trees in the second shot too.

I prefer #1, the exposure and processing hit the mood of the song perfectly.
Thanks both

#2 for me, "Where the ivy and barbed wire entwine and leaves fall all around me".

Has a voyeuristic and sinister feel to it.

Cheers and welcome back.

I love a good shoehorn ( as you know) Chris and this fits the bill perfectly :D

#2 for me, "Where the ivy and barbed wire entwine and leaves fall all around me".

Has a voyeuristic and sinister feel to it.

Cheers and welcome back.
Thanks Andy

I love a good shoehorn ( as you know) Chris and this fits the bill perfectly :D
Shoehorn, moi? :D

I can't decide which I like more. Number one I think for the moodiness in the processing. Happy New Year Chris :wave:

Going for the distopian feel, I think the second shot is the stronger, with the barbed wire as the focal point.
To me it has more impact.
(y)

I can't decide which I like more. Number one I think for the moodiness in the processing. Happy New Year Chris :wave:

Happy new year, I agree with both, I think I prefer the first for mood and the second as a fit for the song but I guess I would as I posted both images. The thing I think I should have done with the second is lit the foreground with a flash so I could darken the image a bit to reduce the brightness of the background. But I rarely think about taking a flash out for “landscape” shoots

I agree with the comments above that suggest the first image is the 'better' image but the second is the perfect fit for the lyrics, with the tangle of branches and old wires in the foreground too. A great start to your 52 (y)
Thanks Andrea

Something must have crept into my brain subliminally during those Zoology lectures in the 70s because I got 'Order Passeriformes' before coming to this thread. :) Spot on focus on the eye and breast.

Are you taking the @Cobra diploma course in higher shoehorning Chris :) ? Lovely sharp shot and excellent detail I have to say.

Something must have crept into my brain subliminally during those Zoology lectures in the 70s because I got 'Order Passeriformes' before coming to this thread. :) Spot on focus on the eye and breast.
Thanks David

Certainly shoehorned :) and certainly well caught, but quite grainy, i note you shot at 8000 iso?
Not a lot of choice on the ISO given the conditions, thanks for commenting

LOL nicely shoe horned Chris I'm proud of you (y)

:D
I learned from the best (y)

Are you taking the @Cobra diploma course in higher shoehorning Chris :) ? Lovely sharp shot and excellent detail I have to say.
:D I'm not looking forward to the module on monkey genitalia though :eek:. Thanks Carl

Now don't get following Cobra too closely Chris :)

Gorgeous little birds aren't they ... lovely capture, they don't usually stay still for long.
Thanks Susie, someone has to pick up the baton if Cobra is taking a back seat on the photography front :). They don't sit still and I was lucky to get this one I have tried lots over the last few years and this is one of the best.

I have no idea what that means :LOL: nice capture though Chris and nice to see it with a whole nut :)
Thanks Dean, I was quite amused by the way he seemed pleased over getting the nut.

For such a high iso I think this is a great shot with some good detail :)
Thanks Dave

someone has to pick up the baton if Cobra is taking a back seat on the photography front
And it may as well be my name sake (y)

Loving that first song shot ... atmospheric lighting, nice crop. :clap:

Back