Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

Worn is a nice shot and on theme Chris, I like the edited version, nice colours and lighting.
Thanks Dave

Hi Chris,
I prefer the original edit, not sure about the warm tones myself.
Loving the pigeon :)
The cobbled street is certainly worn. You have to despair about whichever contractors thought that digging bits up and then filling them with tarmac was acceptable!!!

Gotta love the serendipity of taking a photo of a large CANON delivery with an Olympus :)
Thanks Tim, I hope that the tarmac is temporary but that's probably being optimistic. The Canon box amused me, my other camera is a Canon

A pleasing scene somehow ... lovely old well worn cobbles, but it's not easy to bring out their wornness.

A pleasing scene somehow ... lovely old well worn cobbles, but it's not easy to bring out their wornness.
Thanks David

Very nice, agree the pigeon is great in the scene, I prefer the first version out of the 2, the 2nd being a bit too warm in colour.
Thanks Michael

Love the angle on Symmetry Chris, that building looks amazing.
Worn, I wasn't sure if I thought it too'busy' but it seems to all add to the theme somehow, there's so much happening there and those cobbles have stood the test of time ...almost :)
Thanks Susie, it's the Flat Iron building in New York. I was a bit unsure about the busyness of the street scene but it seems to work.

excellent love the red of the sand? and the buildings add really good scale to, it one of the best firework shots I've seen

Colourful is a lovely shot Chris, good reflections and also like the lighting on the homes on the rhs.

excellent love the red of the sand? and the buildings add really good scale to, it one of the best firework shots I've seen

:agree: All the above ....top notch shot Chris.

Wow! thanks all for the great comments. It's on the side of an estuary so it's more silty-mud than sand really but I guess it works, I've still got to clean the tripod.

That's really nice, especially with the reflection in the water and having those buildings lit up on the right.

Nice colours, some reflections, but not quite as sharp as the display Andy captured.
Perhaps less exposure time? Dunno, not something I've ever tried to capture really.
Thanks Tim, I think sharpness is probably more affected by wind, smoke, the type of firework, etc,

Height, wonderful scene, but although at height, doesn't scream height, especially with the horizon appearing to be near eye level.

Cheers,

I think you succeeded it doesn't scream height as mentioned but it is at height that much is obvious, I like the film shot nice art deco building nicely framed

Height, wonderful scene, but although at height, doesn't scream height, especially with the horizon appearing to be near eye level.
Thanks Andy I guess the eye is drawn towards the horizon.

I think you succeeded it doesn't scream height as mentioned but it is at height that much is obvious, I like the film shot nice art deco building nicely framed
Thanks Allan, it's hard to get that vertiginous sense of being there. The building is the Midland Hotel in Morecambe.

Last edited:
Two great shots Chris, like the height one as think you did a good job at putting across height. Reshoot I do like a lot, the grittiness really does make the shot for me and bang on theme.
Thanks Dave, glad you like them.

Liking the Architecture image Chris, something special about a building like that using Ilford, the image texture is splendid :)

Height - Yeah that works for me, a nice leading line coming from the corner/hillside, though not certain it needs all that blank sky, it is a nice sky which is silhouetting that tree canopy nicely :)

Liking the Architecture image Chris, something special about a building like that using Ilford, the image texture is splendid :)

Height - Yeah that works for me, a nice leading line coming from the corner/hillside, though not certain it needs all that blank sky, it is a nice sky which is silhouetting that tree canopy nicely :)
Thanks Dean, may be you are right about the sky but without it the horizon is more or less central and I wanted a sense of looking down, not sure it worked though.

Nice shot for height and I like the re-shoot too as the location holds a special place in my heart :)

Nice shot for height and I like the re-shoot too as the location holds a special place in my heart :)
Thanks Tilly, I saw the Morecambe shots you posted on another thread, are you local?

No I'm from near Keighley West Yorkshire but i always used to go on family holidays in the summer to Morecambe when I was younger so often go for days out with the kids and my parents when we have chance

I like the graduation of the sky you've captured in Height Chris, and the slope of the hill says you are at a height.
The re-shoot though is to another level. Art Deco, shot in mono with a film grain. Lovely.

Height ... shoehorn required, but very lovely image, great composition. (y)

Your deco building has the perfect old photo feel.

I like the graduation of the sky you've captured in Height Chris, and the slope of the hill says you are at a height.
The re-shoot though is to another level. Art Deco, shot in mono with a film grain. Lovely.

Height ... shoehorn required, but very lovely image, great composition. (y)

Your deco building has the perfect old photo feel.

Thanks both, I was pleased with the hotel photo

Height - I see it, I might have cropped off some of the grass and effectively lowered the horizon but then would lose the slope.

Height - I see it, I might have cropped off some of the grass and effectively lowered the horizon but then would lose the slope.
Thanks David, fair point, I think a bit of the grass could go

Excellent choice for the subject ;) the house is a lovely image nicely composed

Back