Just touching base with new body

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Thought I had better post a few as I have used the for sale area and it would be rude not to ;-) must start popping in again

Please excuse the text photo overload , I picked the new body up on the Thursday, had a brief play with the settings on Friday before my first race meeting on Saturday - for racing I shoot jpeg because of the amount I take and for quick uploads for editors etc. so getting a good set up really helps - I am suitably impressed, coming from the mk1 I wasn't expecting too much difference but how wrong I was. Even at such a difficult circuit to cover to get anything with a nice backdrop (yep Silverfence)

Feels and sounds a world apart, focus lock and tracking is / was outstanding - the ones I missed were purely 'user error' without a doubt, Saturday was the 70-200 2.8 mkII with the mkIII 1.4 extender in the morning and the 200-400 in the afternoon a full 9 hours trackside.

I discovered that a full battery (with viewing / deleting and menu adjustments on the fly) would do 1647 large jpeg (quality 10) shots to shut off - yep, can live with that.

Controls etc are as good as identical to the mk1 so changing settings whilst still shooting was a breeze, as I don't 'do' video I didn't bother forking out the extortionate amount on a cfast card as well, just used the 32gb sandisk - to date I have never 'machine gun' shot, I may catch 2 in a row but prefer to anticipate the moment - great feeling when you gauge the slight dip in the track to get the one wheel airborne on a single shot!

Anyway - enough drivel, few from the first outing. (please excuse the watermark but have had a recent 'theft' in photo camp so needs must Sorry)

#1 - had to try the 1/13 pan
S%2027-05-17%20%200076-XL.jpg

S%2027-05-17%20%200066-XL.jpg

#3 - managed the colours really well especially in bright direct sunlight
S%2027-05-17%20%200101-XL.jpg

S%2027-05-17%20%200824-XL.jpg

#5 - wanted a shot to show off to the sponsors, should able to read this okay ;-)
S%2027-05-17%20%201012-XL.jpg

#6 - last one for now
S%2027-05-17%20%201040-XL.jpg

My only regret is that I didn't buy the MKII sooner.

.DAVID.

Last edited:
I agree, such a great camera for motorsport's - worth the money - I would say so. Thanks!

.DAVID.

Sorry - thought with 202 views that someone should say something ;-)

Is this a 1DX mk2 you are using now?

I like the last shot the best out of the set, but all are good :)

Evening sire,

Thank you and yep, the 1DX mk2, my only regret is that I can't afford a second one as a back up :-0

.DAVID.

Back