Juvenile Great Tit.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been visiting a local(ish) nature reserve over the last few months and spending some time in the hides there. I've taken quite a lot of images but only a few of them I'm happy with.

This is one of my happier ones.

Great Tit. by Dale, on Flickr

Certainly looks one to be happy with ... maybe a bit central but all personal view :)

Very cool capture and clean composition!
Maybe a WB tweak?

Thanks guys. :)

The crop was a difficult one, as I didn't want too much space in front of the bird or to get the tip of the tail to tight to the left hand side. Maybe a little more space to the front would help get it off centre a tad.

Really like this one, Dale...great detail throughout the shot, even on the very fine lichen. Composition works OK for me, but I can see where Roger is coming from, but that BG makes the shot in my opinion, it almost screams Springtime.

Really nice shot, glad you're happy with it.

Looks good to me and I think the crop is fine - there is almost 3 times the space in front of his beak than there is behind the tip of the tail

Stan

That's a beautiful little bird, and the light is showing off the irredescence in the wings perfectly. I too think the crop is fine as the twig is really adding something to the shot and the paler area in the background to the right balances it nicely.

Thanks everybody.

This was in an open competition at club last night as a print and got marked down for being soft.:thinking: It must project better than it prints.

Back