Juvenile House Sparrow

Lovely to see Roger :)
- I haven't seen a House Sparrow in my garden for years! Maybe a mealworm feeder is the answer?

Russ

Cheers Russ ... they certainly love the mealworms, between them and the Starlings they can polish off a feeder full in a very short time!

I love the contrast in its feathers. They are the most prolific birds in my garden. At this to time of year I’m always having to chase my cat of, as he’s a bit of a hunter...it’s always sad when I see the remnants of one, don’t think I’ll ever get another cat!

I love the contrast in its feathers. They are the most prolific birds in my garden. At this to time of year I’m always having to chase my cat of, as he’s a bit of a hunter...it’s always sad when I see the remnants of one, don’t think I’ll ever get another cat!

You are so right, they are beautifully marked and until this week I so missed these chatty, busy little birds. :)
We have several cats near us but fortunately I have never seen and signs of kills.

You are so right, they are beautifully marked and until this week I so missed these chatty, busy little birds. :)
We have several cats near us but fortunately I have never seen and signs of kills.
Unfortunately my ginger ninjas hobby is killing things. Birds mice, rats frogs,even caught him fishing by my pond.
Once he leaped up and grabbed a sparrow from the bird feeder, but his trajectory sent him straight into the pond, little sod still got out still holding the bird, Ggrrrrrr! As much as I like cats, I shall never have another, for the reasons I’ve outlined

Last edited:
Back