Juvenile Kingfishers

Name
kev
Edit My Images
Yes
image.jpeg image.jpeg I,am very fortunate to have access to a very secluded pond which is quite close to a certain part of the Chesterfield canal , there is a breeding pair of Kingfishers who usually raise two broods each year once able to fledge they seen to stay around the little pond which I have put a couple of sticks up for photography purposes , Here are two juveniles that photographed last year

Last edited:
really nice, very jealous :) number 2 with both facing you pips it for me. How far away from them are you?

Live up in Sheffield and always trying to find 1 let alone a pair to photograph!

really nice, very jealous :) number 2 with both facing you pips it for me. How far away from them are you?

Live up in Sheffield and always trying to find 1 let alone a pair to photograph!
Less than 15 yards away nicely hid under my scrim net

Lovely to see two together, shame about the beak shadow in #2 but still the best of the two with them both facing you ... looks like a great location you have found :)

Lovely to see two together, shame about the beak shadow in #2 but still the best of the two with them both facing you ... looks like a great location you have found :)
Didn't really notice the beak shadow
To be honest I've been using his location for the last 6 years or so with thousands of shots on my hard drive

Didn't really notice the beak shadow
To be honest I've been using his location for the last 6 years or so with thousands of shots on my hard drive

Oh well, glad you've been able to put the site to good use then, I wish I had a reliable regular spot to see these beautiful birds. :)

I have never had the luck to shoot one. You get two at one go. Am I jealous! Great photos.

Back