Karate Tournament, the end result

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, following the off/on saga of our clubs attendance at this tournament, I did end up going, but only armed with my normal lenses, not the nice quick lens I was going to hire. My daughter wasnt able to compete but we took her best friend who was competing. The pictures were troublesome at best, dreadful light, slow zoom lens, really high ISO's [between 800 and 1000], 1/125 shutters, and still they were underexposed and noisy. So, these have been 'shopped to within an inch of their lives, but I figured it was about time I contributed to the sports section.

1 - daughters mate Nuri lands a kick

WGI_6572.jpg

2 - Navin and keiran warming up, a birds eye veiw

WGI_6541.jpg

3 - Hunisha showing off Kata skills

WGI_6487.jpg

They are our clubs 4 competitors in this event, next time we will have several more....apologies for picture quality, its amazing I got anything at all :bonk:

the rest that I have managed to edit so far can be seen Here

Looked through the web page. Some of them kids really look like they mean it :)

Do you still get as much noise if you over expose a bit at high iso?

Most of those kids really DO mean it! Its..err...fiercely competitive :LOL: Put it this way, I doubt any of them suffer too much with bullying.

I tried a few at higher ISO, so I could over expose, whilst maintaining a fast enough shutter speed, but of course 1600 ISO over exposed looks pretty similar to 1000 underexposed in terms of noise level :shake:

Mind you, it did occur to me that for the last few I did [an example being the first one here] is that I was actually close enough to have used the 50mm.... but that was at the end of the day when weariness and the thought of a 190 mile drive back to London was weighing quite heavy and it didnt even occur to me until a few days later :bonk:

Still, if tonights 'chat' after training is anything to go by, I will have plenty of opportunity to practice next year :D

It's always a nightmare in dimly lit places to achieve a good shutter speed etc......I think you've captured some good expressions and poses (y)

These pics bring back memories of doing competitions :D

Great timing in No.1 to get the kick landed.

Back