Karekare Beach

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my favourite shots i took on a trip to New Zealand a month or so ago. Reworked in the last couple of days to correct the temperature and dynamics a bit.
Any cc or thoughts welcome.
Thanks for viewing.

The Sands of Time.jpg

Delightful imagery! (y)(y)(y)

Thanks for your comments.

Love the image but doesnt seem that sharp to my eyes?

Neil, You're right, thanks for pointing that out. I think i sensed something was not quite there but hadn't really put my finger what it was that was bugging me.
I'm not quite sure what happened here whether i must have knocked the focus out a touch when i was putting the filter on having composed the shot or whether i just missed getting it dead on through the viewfinder at the time. It could also be an issue with the camera itself i'm not sure. I'm still not utterly convinced with the Olympus Omd Em5ii i shot this with. I've got some really great results with underwater macro with it. I'm not sure whether what is ailing me is the sensor size and quality having come from using a Canon 5dii. Which i still use but bought the olympus as a travel and underwater camera. I'm thinking i will sell it, bite the bullet and upgrade to a housing for the dslr eventually when i'm ready to upgrade the Canon and just get over the cost and fact that i don't travel light.

Anyway i've had a quick go at sharpening in Nik Sharpener Pro 3. I'm very much still wet behind the ears with processing and especially sharpening so its a game of trial and error really. Whilst it seems to do an alright job of sharpening the foreground it loses a warmth i like in the original image. A bit like the effect you get off of the Clarity parameter. Or am i, at this stage really just attempting to polish a turd so to speak?
Anyhow if anyone has any ideas, thoughts on how i can better this process I'd love to hear it. Cheers.
Will

KareSharper (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
Back