Name
Tristian
Edit My Images
Yes
I had the pleasure of watching some of the best kayak marathon racers in the UK last weekend.

The weather was terrible 40+mph gusts, but the athletes took it in there stride and went on the water to win. The skill, power, speed and balance was amazing. Below are a few snaps from last weekend and earlier races in the season.

comments and feedback welcome.

Kayak marathon racing by Tristian Sargeant, on Flickr

Kayak maraton racing by Tristian Sargeant, on Flickr

Last edited:
Liking those very much. All look good to me. Like number 1 very much for it's frame filling content the water splashes shout out action to the veiwer.
Number 3 is fab too. I had no idea they sit in alomost nothing which the head on shot shows really well.

Gaz

Thanks guys for comments.

They really are super skinny wobbly kayaks. I have been learning to paddle over the last few months and the balance, control and skill required is something else and I'm in a much more stable kayak. Hats off to these racing athletes, some races are 21k or more.

I like these too. 1 is my favourite, like the separation of the main subject from the others in the background. All are taken from a good POV and impressively sharp too.

Nice shots, those kayaks look about 3 sizes too small for the person in them

Cracking set of shots, number one is my favourite. Agree with others that they look sooo narrow!

Back