Kayaking

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I always try to get along to one Kayaking event a year as I find the images do well in the old camera club competitions. One of my other hobbies is kayak fishing so its nice to watch the experts deal with far rougher water than I would ever face, hopefully at least. Really nice to shoot sports with a modest 70-85mm focal length. Any help choosing which one to submit would be welcomed.

Splashdown by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

No1 for me, purely because you can see the kayak and its not as submerged as the others. Nice and sharp with the focus points in the right place.

Yes deffo the first. Composition is better and theres less blown highlights. You know what camera club judges are like :)

Thanks for the tip ;-)

I might try and get along to one of those events as I can't recall seeing many in our comps.

We have a core group of model photographers within our group who do fantasy composites, they are very good indeed.

Gaz

Yes deffo the first. Composition is better and theres less blown highlights. You know what camera club judges are like :)

Thanks for the tip ;-)

I might try and get along to one of those events as I can't recall seeing many in our comps.

We have a core group of model photographers within our group who do fantasy composites, they are very good indeed.

Gaz

Composites do well at my club too. They do absolutely nothing for me and the judges rarely see the very basic mistakes in masking and the lighting being all wrong. Must be flickr blowing the highlights as the files are spot on in Photoshop. Might bring knock the highlights down though to be on the safe side. Cheers

Must be flickr blowing the highlights
Hi Simon

Don't chnage things on my say so if they look right, that be fine after all they are supposed to be bright. If brought down to far the will go mudddy and drab :) Re : The composites. I do like the composties but i'm not much of a model shooter. I go all insecure at the thought of it :-(

Gaz

Good set, I would go for #1 as the boys expression says a lot about his feelings at the moment whereas the others are just closing their eye, (except #2 which has a large area of oof). :)

Hi Simon

Don't chnage things on my say so if they look right, that be fine after all they are supposed to be bright. If brought down to far the will go mudddy and drab :) Re : The composites. I do like the composties but i'm not much of a model shooter. I go all insecure at the thought of it :-(

Gaz

I like candid shots of people but it all feels a bit false shooting models. I like some of the images to look at but not to take.

Back