B&W Kayleigh

Lovely windowlit portraits, I prefer the 1st (the lighting is more attractive, it's amazing how much difference is made by the subtle change in angle isn't it?). Though I would have preferred a slightly lower framing with less headroom and more at the bottom.

I seem to struggle with window light I seem to get a very shadowy/dark side. Yet when I am looking at the scene without the camera the shadows don't look that dark. Is it the case I have not learnt how to recognise the right light yet ?

1st get my vote too. Real nice :)

Gaz

Last edited:
Lovely young lady- and isn't window light fabulous for portraits?

Chuck

Thank you - yes, windowlight is beautiful.

Lovely windowlit portraits, I prefer the 1st (the lighting is more attractive, it's amazing how much difference is made by the subtle change in angle isn't it?). Though I would have preferred a slightly lower framing with less headroom and more at the bottom.

Thanks Phil - I was struggling a little bit with the composition on the first photo, I did look at shooting lower to get more at the bottom, but I just couldn't get it to look "right" (for me anyway).

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment though :)

Also prefer the first, think the expression and the composition just work better. If I was going to nitpick, I'd say add a little more contrast, but that's just my taste :)

Back