Keef's 52... 2018... Week 10 - Heavy added

Sorry to hear you are ill Richard, we have all got this bug going around now, so get well soon. Don`t worry about your shots being late as we all do that. Like your gate shot too, as plain and simple and bang on theme, with some nice colours (y)

Thanks Dave!
Had an idea of what I wanted to do, but then saw the heart on the gate and thought it worked

That photo works for me, great crop, and nice textures!

Richard

Nice details in that part of the gate, could do with a like of paint :)
when you are feeling better.

Pete

It certainly does work. I think the close crop works nicely as you are emphasizing the heart shape.

Thank you :)

Welcome aboard, Richard. Good idea to crop in close to draw the eye straight to the textures and design on the gate, and especially the heart shape. You're off to a good start :)

Thank you, the rest of the gate is pretty ugly ;)

That photo works for me, great crop, and nice textures!

Thank you :)

Richard

Nice details in that part of the gate, could do with a like of paint :)
when you are feeling better.

Pete

The garden is on my to do list for March... Was on for last March as well :p

Week 1 - Closing in on the detail works well. Self framing and some character in the different colours and textures (which is the effect I tell my other half I'm aiming for our back gate).

I like the way you've cropped it to its natural frame some god textures too.

That's a nicely framed and cropped bit of gate Richard, hope you get well soon !!!

Week 1 - Closing in on the detail works well. Self framing and some character in the different colours and textures (which is the effect I tell my other half I'm aiming for our back gate).

I like the way you've cropped it to its natural frame some god textures too.

Thank you all.

Going to try and get week 2 and 3 out the way this weekend!

But it's currently, sort of, snowing in Warwickshire....

So headed over to Charlcote Park while the Fiance had her hair cut (good couple of hours to spare :LOL:).

It was cold, wet and snowing... But I got this shot when there were very little people about and tried something different for myself editing wise

Week 2 People by richard markham, on Flickr

Now on to Stark :help:

Lovely image of the gate has a really rustic feeling and the touch of red on the lower right adds that little something extra.
People shot captures the moment well, cold, damp and miserable in the falling snow, hope you don't get the lurgy back :confused:

I am not the biggest fan of selective colour but that kind of works but why is the person on the left B+W

Lovely image of the gate has a really rustic feeling and the touch of red on the lower right adds that little something extra.
People shot captures the moment well, cold, damp and miserable in the falling snow, hope you don't get the lurgy back :confused:

Thanks, feeling better these days

Liking your people shot Richard, sometimes I mess about with selected colour too. It works for this shot imo as the grotty weather just goes well with the whole shot.

Thanks

I am not the biggest fan of selective colour but that kind of works but why is the person on the left B+W

They had a black jacket and black brolly, no colour to pull out

Not a fan of selective colour either, and I think it would have worked just as well in pure B&W. Great composition!

Stark contrast between light and dark, couldn't think of anything proper to do then found this on my phone.
LRM_EXPORT_20180122_211018.jpg
Took this last year in Thailand on a rooftop bar that later in the week became the place I got engaged!

... nothing wrong with a bit of selective colour now & then ....

and Stark Contrast is quite engaging .... I like that fuzzy FG.

Although I don't usually approve of coloured drinks this one makes an interesting photo. Great contrasting colours!

And congratulations!

I do like the stark shot, it's a nice bit of fun in amongst all the mono images most of us have posted for the theme. As David says, the fuzzy foreground works nicely in contrast with the focal point itself.

People - Selective colour can be a bit Marmite, but I think it works in this case.

... nothing wrong with a bit of selective colour now & then ....

and Stark Contrast is quite engaging .... I like that fuzzy FG.

Thank you. I'd forgot about the drink pictures till I went though my phone.

Although I don't usually approve of coloured drinks this one makes an interesting photo. Great contrasting colours!

And congratulations!

Couldn't order a beer in a rooftop bar, wouldn't have looked right .

Thank you

Stark drinks lol, a nice shot on theme and good colours too, nit pic is you just cut the top of the straw :)

Picky bugger . Thanks though

Although I like the drink image I quite like the first one with SC coat and umbrella :)

Don't be comparing the 2, it's different weeks .

I do like the stark shot, it's a nice bit of fun in amongst all the mono images most of us have posted for the theme. As David says, the fuzzy foreground works nicely in contrast with the focal point itself.

People - Selective colour can be a bit Marmite, but I think it works in this case.

Thank you, glad the stark picture got such a good reaction.

Im never sure on the selective colour myself, think it can look tacky so I know what you mean

People; the selective colour works for me in this. Given the weather it does bring some life to the shot.

Love the contrast in the stark drink. Nice DoF in the foreground.

People - I missed this one I think the selective colour works well on this.
Stark - vibrant colours for a change on this theme great shot

Stark
Nice colours, I would have maybe liked to have seen a more above the straw.

People; the selective colour works for me in this. Given the weather it does bring some life to the shot.

Love the contrast in the stark drink. Nice DoF in the foreground.

Thank you, I did wonder if it would be better with just the brolly being coloured...

People - I missed this one I think the selective colour works well on this.
Stark - vibrant colours for a change on this theme great shot

Thank you

Stark
Nice colours, I would have maybe liked to have seen a more above the straw.

Thanks, I think there was a reason it's so tightly cropped but i only have the edited version so I'll never know haha

Welcome along to the challenge and good luck with it, looks like your off to a flying start with those images.

Thank you

Been quite busy so not been able to get out with the camera at all this week... And with the start of the 6 nations this weekend.. might end up a little further behind :rolleyes:

Over the neighborhood...

We get quite a nice sunrise over the neighbors garden, but it's not the sort of neighborhood you want to be setting up a camera and Tripod over people's gardens.

So take a picture from my Google Pixel, taken while taking bins out

LRM_EXPORT_20180201_132326.jpg

Nice photo and a more interesting neighbourhood (Skyline) than round were I live.
Only thing is the vertical need treaking unless the area is subsiding.

Nice photo and a more interesting neighbourhood (Skyline) than round were I live.
Only thing is the vertical need treaking unless the area is subsiding.

Thanks.

Its an interesting neighbourhood anyway ;)

We are the top of a pretty steep hill that curves around to the right.

I agree with Pete about the verticals, it does look like the verticals are in at the top.
Also, did you have to play with exposure? as there looks like some kind of haloing around the trees on the right, but then again, is that where the sun is rising?
Nicely imagined for the theme and shows that mobiles can take decent shots.

I've had another look now I'm not at work and yeah agree with the verticals... Hows this? @seaodyssy @LC2

Btw the sun is coming up from behind the trees.

LRM_EXPORT_20180201_203652.jpg

Back