Keep or bin?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
This was a test shot and is kinda flawed - the framing is weird, the highlights are (a) nearly blown and (b) doing that desaturated thing that rim lights can do on shiny skin - and the lens flare is intrusive. But I'm being seduced by the twinkly lights. I've got lots of others from the same shoot but none quite like this.

Should it stay or should it go?

Or maybe.. mono is the way to go :thinking:

Jada Rose Test Shot
by Simon Carter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hard to say, I do like the rough look. I can cope with your framing but there is a compression factor or a subtle perspective distortion that my eyes seem to pick up. I'm going to say "keep".

How much storage does it take,not a lot. Keep I t may find a use later for it. I have adjusted used one that I took six months ago was going to bin it but there was just something about it. I came back to it with a different approach and found a use for it

I am not sure it is a stand alone shot, but as part of a set it might make an important contribution.
I would not bin it.

I like the shot but I would try a mono version just to see how it looks.

Love how the light accentuates her muscles, I don't even mind the crop, but her face looks weird, and I would bin.
Sorry...

I like it. I'd keep it because it's good enough to be interesting, and to offer clues over time of looking at it as to how to make a better version. But as a technical story telling point, I'd like to see the end of the loaded bar she's holding, to make it quite clear that she is actually holding it up, and not simply posing with an otherwise supported weight.

Hmmmm..... those out of focus highlights: Added in post?

I never bin shots, my photography doesn't have a delete button. There are just lots of shots that never see the light of day.

I'm not familiar with your usual work but I think this shot has something about it. It may not be your usual style but I'm sure you could make it work.

Back