weekly 2021 TP52 - week 52 - SHOWCASE (sort of)

I like the stacked image best as it shows all the gnarly texture in the ends. I like my bananas green, so once they start getting speckled, mine often end up like this.

They say that the bottom drawer of the fridge is where all good intentions go to die :LOL: not that I keep my bananas in the fridge.

Week 02 - Dirty.

(I almost changed my submission after I saw the main thread - and so many pairs of muddy shoes.)

Took several. Few shots before we went out for a walk on Sunday - just to get something in the can. Then some while we were out and the aftermath on my hiking boots.

This is typical teenager behaviour.

ME: "Where are you going for a walk?"
Her: "By the river"
Me: "Are you putting your wellies on?"
Her: "Nah. Trainer's will be OK."

374A0720 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

My boots weren't that dirty before we went out, but still had a bit of mud.

374A0732 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Correct footwear for once for my daughter:

374A0780 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

My boots after we got back - several angles to decide which I liked best. Funnily enough, I didn't shoot them in the lounge this time.

374A0790 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

374A0793 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

374A0794 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

And then the back of our Mini. Which is minging - quite liked the almost abstract nature of the stripes of colour.

374A0815 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's a lot to choose from! I think you chose the right one :)

Mucky red boots for me. Stark contrast between the leaf-mulch-mud and the relatively clean uppers on the boots. Perhaps a shade too much foreground for me, but that's just a minor thing.

I like the one you chose.. the colour of the wellies pops and her leggings almost blend into the muddy background.

Liking those red wellies with wet shiny mud up the inside.

So did you have to go off the path to social distance.

Very mucky red wellies, adds a splash of colour.

Pete

Dirty
They're all really good, but the red boots really standout and is my choice.

Very nice, the bright colour of the boots really stand out against the background :)

I like the one you've chosen for the main thread Kell. The red boots make it. I rather like the Mini logo too.

I like the bright red boot versus the mud great contrast

Week 03 - Rock/Stone

Many moons ago (in 2003) my wife and I (and two friends) did a two week trip around California. It just so happened that it was our anniversary while we were there. We'd sort of agreed beforehand that the trip was our present to each other, but then got goaded (by our mates) into actually getting gifts for each other.

The only problem was, we were staying at the Awahnee (which, if you don't know, is slap bang in the middle of Yosemite national park). So the only shop was the gift shop.

So my wife got me this carved rock.

V1 - Natural light and soft shadows.

Heart of Stone-13 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

V2 - Artificial light and hard shadows.

Heart of Stone-15 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

V3 - Alt angle with natural light and soft shadows.

Heart of Stone-1 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

I also bought myself a multi-colour torch (for no real reason, other than I fancied one) and wondered if it could be used to light stuff, So I messed around taking multiple shots but lit differently.

Thought they might be nice as a combined shot.

Heart of stone 02 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Heart of stone 01 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Heart of stone 03 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

As people were talking about pull-backs on the main thread, this is what I did.

Nothing special, literally suspended a camera on a tripod and pointed a torch at the object.

AB738DAC-E1BF-4404-9B83-6CC5FC142F91.jpeg

Last edited:
Stone
It's has to be the first image for me. The heart shaped stone, with those lovely lines of colour and the shadow on the background all look great.

I think your No1 image is the best of the bunch. I like the way you've experimented with the colours etc, very creative indeed.

I like the angel ... framing & high PoV.

I wouldn't worry about symmetry, I doubt that's possible, the two wings are probably not even the same size & shape.

Very nice rock V2 for me

I love the layers in the stone itself, I like the sharper shadow of 2 but I prefer the Pov of 3,

I like the first one.

If you had something solid and narrow to sit it on with your lighting above and from the side you would probably get a nice solid heart shadow below.

Simpleh Lovely! First heart for me. Captured the shine from the stone to give it an almost real feel.

Another vote for #1 from me. What a lovely object, particularly like its various colours.

All the heart images are great, my personal favourite is 3 with the alternate angle, although I would possible move the heart closer to the centre

#1 for me as well - although I really like your Warhol-esque coloured pictures too.

I think the hard shadowed shot would work really well with the light at the same angle as #1.

I'm glad you got to see Yosemite - it might be the favourite of the parks that we've visited!

#1 for me as well - although I really like your Warhol-esque coloured pictures too.

I think the hard shadowed shot would work really well with the light at the same angle as #1.

I'm glad you got to see Yosemite - it might be the favourite of the parks that we've visited!

I absolutely loved that trip. Has to be up there as one of the best holidays I've ever had.

Coincidentally, we stopped off at the airbase there as my mate was going to be stationed there after we got back ( i think he was there in 2005) - I wonder if it was where you are?

I like the angel ... framing & high PoV.

I wouldn't worry about symmetry, I doubt that's possible, the two wings are probably not even the same size & shape.

You're probably right. I was concentrating on the hands, so didn't really look at the wings. It's just one of those things that when you start processing them, you think: "I wonder if..."

Really like that stone shot with the hard shadow. Works really well IMO.

I'm with the majority and picking #1. I love the angel, great dof and nicely processed. A very striking image.

Simple, effective, good picture. Reminds me of the aliens in War of the Worlds.

Back