Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

With the "flat" processing, plus its been left laying around, I'm sure that qualifies as "discarded" Kell.

I like both versions of local. I prefer the non-silhouette version for all the colours in the metal, but who knows what themes we're going to get, so well done for getting the silhouette!

Your submission for discarded doesn't work quite as well for me, but it's right on theme!

It's a little flat lighting wise, but I would say it fits the theme perfectly. Not everything is physically thrown away.

Last edited:
What's that reflected in the lens on your theme shot? Some kind of softbox/.
Close up and large apertures don't leave much margin and it's interesting to see just how small the Dof must be with the text at the top sharp, but blurred by the thread diameter notation.

The idea is, you are supposed to use your camera not take pictures of it :D
Nice Idea Kell #1 for me

Did I mention I was selling it?

Mod note
3M.jpg

:p

Nice shots form snappers choice, I think I would prefer the last wider shot, but with the lens cap removed. :)

I like the first shot for snapper's choice, without the lens cap!

Great picture for Tool the B&W treatment really brings out the detail.

Interesting selection I think you choose the right one for the amin thread

Certainly is wild.. that's a very sharp eye, and no doubt beak..

He certainly looks wild. Wouldn't want to get too close to that beak!
Really like #3 - great capture and sums up the weather to a tee.

Week 07 - Broken.

A few years back, if you were quick enough, there was the opportunity to purchase one of the ceramic poppies that has been on display at the Tower of London.

I managed to get one, but over the years our clumsy as f*** cleaner has knocked it about and broken off numerous petals.

My wife wanted to throw it out recently as it's broken, but I think it adds something to it.

The first one I tried was just on the floor, with a curtain in the background, but I felt the background was a bit distracting. The limited depth of field was to try and bring out the texture of the broken edge of the petal. But as it's not where your eye is drawn to first, I don't think it works and it looks like the image is just out of focus until you spot that bit.

So I took the second one on a blanket to give a flat, non-distracting background. Now I'm wondering if the texture of the blanket is a bit heavy.

I sort of justified it in my mind that the coarseness of it is reminiscent of an Army blanket.

I do have another idea in mind for another shot - but that will have to be next week - and only if I have time.

Week - 07. Broken by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Week - 07. Broken by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I managed to get one of those poppies as well and I have a broken petal as well. Result of clumsy cat. I prefer the angle of the second one and the fact it is all in focus. Background is better as well.

Second one for me too Kell for the same reasons Jan gave

Back