Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

Yes, #2 for me as well. I find my eye wandering all over the first without settling.

No2 all the way - nicely done.

I prefer the 1st photos composition and background, but the poppy has lost some of it's redness.

Wild - Great portrait of the goose nice catch light.

Broken - No 2 for me 2 I prefer the lighting

Second fo rme too, as you say, the fact it is broken almost makes it better

Fab action shot and yes I think you ticked the ability box because we all can see what the photo is about...

Great action, great idea Kell

Love the colours for Ability and the light caught on the wheel rims.

Also spotted Pleasure when looking for Ability - I like the last two pics best. The cup’s focal point is good and the pic tells a story, but I also like the coffee beans - I can imagine that on the wall of a coffee shop.

Good shot.. the panning gives it a real feel of speed and momentum.

Nice action shot

Broken - I went and saw them at the Tower of london and there where a lot that had been broken by people throwing coins. I too prefer the second one.
Ability - good action shot

Great shot, I think the slight blur on the cyclist actually adds to the shot.

Interesting shot for winter, the giraffe looks well peeved. :) well spotted.

This is one other that occurred to me today.

I cycle to work (almost) every day throughout the year.

I use a Brompton as I have to get the train into London. Because the wheels are small, so the hubs and chain are all closer to the ground, it seems to be affected by the winter grime much more than any of my previous bikes.

Have to do a deep clean of the drive train about once a month. And today was the day. Looked like this when I started.

TP 52 - Week 09. Winter (dirt). by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is one other that occurred to me today.

I cycle to work (almost) every day throughout the year.

I use a Brompton as I have to get the train into London. Because the wheels are small, so the hubs and chain are all closer to the ground, it seems to be affected by the winter grime much more than any of my previous bikes.

Have to do a deep clean of the drive train about once a month. And today was the day. Looked like this when I started.

TP 52 - Week 09. Winter (dirt). by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr
I feel your pain! I have done the same with my MTB today.

Ability - Great action shot love the Red really grabs your attention

Winter - Lovely image sums up the grim weather perfectly

What I did notice while taking shots of my bike is that one the lenses I thought was OK, really isn't

The shot above is from a Canon 24mm 2.8 STM pancake lens.

The one below is from a Sigma 30mm 1.4.

Both were manually focussed using the 10x viewer in live view mode, but the sharpness is way better on the Canon lens.

IMG_1513 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Hope the clean up wasn't too painful? Personally I prefer the dynamic version - but it may have lost something on the tablet screen...

Great winter shot, the giraffe doesn't look too pleased by the rain!

Winter - I Don't blame that Giraffe I would be inside looking out at the falling snow too.
Book - not sure about the books will keep thinking

Love the pun!

Back