Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

Colour(ful) - Tick & Technique from me :) I contemplated something similar with my nail varnish and eye shadow shot, so great minds !!!
Old - I think my preference would have been the Magic Marker shot - though appreciate you probably didn't want to repeat your subject. I like the close up study of it. It is definitely old and worn.

Colourful clever take on the theme to get there technique in at the same time I like it.

Old I like all 3 but I would say No 1 as it reminds me of the time we dressed uo as Charlie Brown and Linus and had Snoopy and his house on the roof of the Mini!

Love the Magic Markers. I like all the shots that you have taken but the mono to get the technique is very creative.

Great old photos too. I agree with Tim, the marker is a very nice shot.

Colourful: A lovely series and I like the one you chose for technique as well.

Old. I prefer the maker pic but understand why you chose the books.

Colourful
I like your thinking using b&w, but with the colours of the markers written on them. A good composition too.

Old
I prefer the colour version myself. The books have that aged colour to them.

Very clever take on the colourful theme - and a great image to boot.
The books in colour work better for me - the faded colour has more of a vintage feel.

Like the book shot, not just because I am a fan of Schulz, think it works great in colour.

Very clever for colourful - great thought process. The magic marker is great for old as well - albeit a repeat. Great set of shots you have there!

Well caught Kell. Great timing.
Its a shame about the pot of gold though. No doubt the Leprechaun, had it away before you got there :D

In #3 it appears to end in the planter.
So maybe have a dig around in there ;)

How did you do it? Some kind of sprinkler to cause the mist to shoot through?

I'd been washing the car earlier in the day and noticed that when it was on the spray, I was getting pretty impressive rainbows.

So I asked my missus to hold the hose in the garden. (So to speak.)

Nice take on Liquid love the rainbows very nicely caught. I tired something similar but they didn't really work.

Liquid
It's number one for me. Good thinking too capture the rainbow (although, it's not really a rainbow, more of a hosebow). A photo of washing the car would have done for the theme.

Week 22 - A house hold item - or at least something that every household should have...

We were lying in bed last weekend and my wife said "That tree says LOVE"

I literally had no idea what she was on about, but when I had a look for myself, she was absolutely right. The top of the tree in our garden somehow spelled out the word LOVE.

And right now, with all that's going on in the world, this is something that every house should be full of.

(I do also have a video, to prove it's not been photoshopped.)

Edited to add this new photo I'd forgotten I'd taken:

TP52 WK22 - Household by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_6857.JPGIMG_E6857.JPG

Last edited:
You HANDLED that one well.

Nicely horned in there @Kell :)
The photo itself could do with some work though.
Things to think about might be:
Angles and border patrol - everything is on the slant and there are distractions popping into corners.
Diffusion (at least I think that's what it is) - The window frame is in focus, the tree looks diffused. maybe that's needed to have LOVE stand out?

Thanks for the tips, but this was never meant to be anything other than a record shot.

It was taken on my iPhone and digitally zoomed in on screen to maximum.

I wanted to capture it there and then, before it disappeared as I wasn’t sure what caused it..

Combination of shadow and angles I guess - as you couldn’t see it later in the day (or now).

Unfortunately, going to get a camera could have meant I missed it completely.

Nicely horned in there @Kell :)
The photo itself could do with some work though.
Things to think about might be:
Angles and border patrol - everything is on the slant and there are distractions popping into corners.
Diffusion (at least I think that's what it is) - The window frame is in focus, the tree looks diffused. maybe that's needed to have LOVE stand out?

Do you know what - I just took the memory card out my camera to upload some stuff for week 23 and found four shots I'd taken on that for this.

Completely forgotten I'd done it.

I'll amend the main thread..

TP52 WK22 - Household by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Week 23 - Hidden Away.

I was working in the garden on my couple of weeks off recently, and this little Robin wouldn't leave my side.

Unfortunately, when I went to get the camera, it kept flying off. Manage to get a couple while he was hidden away in the trees.

IMG_1962 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1955 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1939 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

And then I also took this today of our cat - he's normally hidden away in some awkward place in the house, but today he was in back of shot for all my Teams calls on the back of the sofa in the office.

IMG_8571 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Always ncie to see a kitty - but it's the Robins for me :)

Nice Robin Kell but I can't help thinking there is a lot more to be had from it.
If you don't want it on your thread say so and its nuked (y)

49985039466_18d02f0240_bcc.jpg

Nice Robin Kell but I can't help thinking there is a lot more to be had from it.
If you don't want it on your thread say so and its nuked (y)

Fire away - it's sometimes all about the processing - and I do have a tendency to go too dark,

Back