Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

Your changed hidden cat picture is great with good use of selective colour and focus on the eye.

I actually can't look at my original now and not think that it looks like a SOOC RAW.
TBH that's what I thought when I saw them.

Hi Kell

The 2nd Cat Image in the main thread is very good. We too have a robin who is camera shy, but that is a beauty of a shot.

Pete

I can see the love!! Well spotted Mrs. K.

I love your cat image where he is peeping at you whilst lying down. Is he a Bombay? He looks very like an Asian cat I used to have... a very special cat :)

I can see the love!! Well spotted Mrs. K.

I love your cat image where he is peeping at you whilst lying down. Is he a Bombay? He looks very like an Asian cat I used to have... a very special cat :)

He's a rescue cat, so we're not sure what he's made up of to be honest. He's very tall though - really long legged. As was his sister (before she got hit by a car).

This is Jack.

1799181_10152399696526021_5779065536115898913_o.jpg

And this was Coke. (Which also would have made a great entry for Hidden - but the shot's about 7 years' old.)

615594_10151011722671021_387011137_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hidden
It's the second shot in the main thread that works best for me. I always find it hard to photograph black animals.

Last edited:
Lovely Wren pix. The last is the classic pose :)

fantastic Wren pictures, you've done well to get them they are such a timid and flighty bird. Great detail and use of DoF and light.

Thanks all.

That particular bird had been in and around our garden a fair bit that day. And almost unbelievably when I took those, was only about two foot above our cat. If I didn't know better I'd say it was teasing him.

Which is a brave move given the amount of animals he brings us.

That said, about a week ago I did notice a couple of birds - couldn't really see what they were, but blackbird size - keep landing either side of him in turn. That is, one would land, he'd start to chase it and it would fly up, then the other one would land the other side of him and he'd chase that. Repeat, repeat. Went on for a couple of minutes.

Last one for me too Kell, well spotted and captured

Great shots of the Wren. I like the pose on the first one myself.

Small
I always thought the Wren was the smallest British bird, but was told that it's actually the Goldcrest. The Wren is the shortest bird though.
For the purposes of this challenge, the Wren fits the theme well.

Week 25 - snapper's choice.

I'll say upfront, this is a weird one.

This was what I was originally thinking for the Household Item. I wanted to take a glamour shot of something not very glamourous. I don't have a studio and the light outside was very flat. I think this could be massively improved with reflectors but I don't have any of those either. I didn't use a tripod (stupidly) so couldn't even hold some A4 to lighten it up.

Anyway.

So I'm half pleased with it. But I'd love to have another go at some point.

TP52. WK25 Snapper's Choice by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

I'll say upfront, this is a weird one.
Slightly weird, I'll agree, but they all count for "snappers choice" no matter what the subject.
Nice and sharp, plenty of detail and texture Kell.

Nice brick :)

well, it would certainly be a household item. Did you try to focus stack as the front corner is a little soft. Nice textures etc and I think it's lit pretty well.

well, it would certainly be a household item. Did you try to focus stack as the front corner is a little soft. Nice textures etc and I think it's lit pretty well.

Actually I did focus stack three images, but I must have been too close to get the very front edge in.

Very sharp and great texture/colour. If we all took the same images the world would be rather tedious :)

Small lovely set of images 3rd one is my favorite.

Snapper Choice its certainly different great texture and colour.

Week 26 - Mother Nature.

We were down visiting my wife's parents this weekend (won't go in to detail, but it was more than just a social visit).

She's from North Devon, so during the weekend, we went out to Croyde beach.

iPhone shots only as I didn't take my camera.

TP52 - WK26. Mother Nature 5 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

TP52 - WK26. Mother Nature 2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

TP52 - WK26. Mother Nature 1 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

TP52 - WK26. Mother Nature 3 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

It's number 3 for me, which I think looks better in mono as it seems to have more contrast. the composition and PoV are good too.

Cracking images for Mother Nature No 1 and No 3 for me.

Love North Devon I'm hoping to be there over the August Bank Holiday for the Mini Run :)

We’re on our second Mini but have never made it down there for that yet.

(Although ours are new Minis).

It's he best event on the calendar I take 2 my classic to do the runs and the new clubbie to carry all the camping gear (it has also done the run for the last 2 years as one of our friends classics is off the road and it was only sitting there on the campsite.

Back