Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

Well caught, the contrasting colour of the tea towel makes the colours of the wasp pop even more! And very sharp!

A sharp shot of the wasp as others have said great detail and the red background really sets it off.

Week 16 = Initial.

K for Kite...

I thought I might have to resort to an old image for this week.

Unfortunately I had to work both days over the weekend and so didn't have time to even think about this,

Fortunately I'd taken my camera downstairs last night to try and get some shots of the Elon Musk satellites (failed) so this morning when I was making breakfast I heard a kite and grabbed the camera.

I'm still not really happy with any of the shots I've got of the kites (whenever I see other people's there's always so much more detail), but I was most happy with this one.

IMG_1715 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think that is an excellent shot, would be proud of it myself.

It's a bit close to the bottom of the frame, but you've got a good set of images there.

Week 17 - More than one of something...

We live near a little airfield, so had a stroll around there last night and took these.

This is the M40 on a Sunday evening. Normally, you'd expect to see more than one or two vehicles. In fact, whenever we've been away for the weekend and are coming back down here, it's normally static for about two miles at this point (just before JCT4).

IMG_8276.2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

More than one

IMG_8277 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Panorama with more than one grounded plane.

IMG_8309-Pano by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

My daughter blowing a dandelion clock - it took her more than one attempt

IMG_8342 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr
IMG_8343 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr
IMG_8344 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr
IMG_8345 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr
IMG_8346 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great film strip Kell!

Great idea but to be pedantic I think there are usually about 8 sprocket holes per frame :exit:

More than one of something

I like the film strip effect, I don't know that it tells a story, but it does show a period of time.

Week 18 - Music.

I prepared these archive shots as I didn't think I'd get any time to do anything this week, but just managed to get a flash of inspiration this morning.

Razorlight @ Pub In The Park 2018.

IMG_8392 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Not sure of this band's name, but a friend of mine put together a festival for her 50th and this was the last band of the night.

IMG_3379 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_3380 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

I do have a bit of a 'thing' for photographing other people photographing gigs. And I normally find when I get back that I have several of this type of shot.

IMG_8294 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_8297 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

This one just made me laugh:

IMG_8365 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
But as I'm trying to not use archive shots, I saw this and thought (hoped) that no one else would submit anything similar.

At the back of our house are some large trees. I *think* what happens is that the birds see the reflection of those in our bedroom window and think they're flying into open sky. Every now and again, we hear a thud and get one of these imprints.

Though I'm surprised we had one this week as our windows are minging.

Wings of a Dove

Wings of a Dove by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Your concert shots are excellent, like the picture of the phone.
Wings of a dove ...well spotted, it's amazing they survive.

We have had a couple over the years get a bit stunned and end up on the decking.

No fatalities yet though.

Music
We have a window that's quite popular with the birds and have a similar imprint every now and then.

Great set of images of the gigs for Music. I like your other take on Wings of A Dove too

Week 19 - Colour

I thought of these almost as soon as I saw the brief.

If you're not familiar, these are the original 'Magic Markers' as used to create visuals and storyboards by advertisers for years.

They were replaced by non-toxic versions with plastic bodies, but these original versions had glass bodies and you could take out the felt from the inside, combine it with a bulldog clip and use it to cover huge areas of paper very quickly.

To many people my age in the advertising industry, these bring back a huge amount oif nostalgia for when the business was a lot more fun.

I also wondered about the combination of 'colour' and technique 'B&W' and wanted to try and meet that challenge by creating a black and white image where it was possible to know what each colour was. And these lend themselves to that as they all have the colour stamped on them.

Hence putting forward the final image as my entry.

IMG_8370 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_8382 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_8408 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_8410 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 20 - old.

Bought a load of these books (60 or so) from a charity shop around 30 years ago.

They're not in front of me right now, but I think they're from the 60s (may be the 70s).

IMG_1825 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_1831 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

And then another study of one of the Magic Markers.

IMG_8451 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back