Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

I like the light on the centre of the rose better on #2 and the composition of #1. Nice pics.

Very nice Kell, I can almost smell that from here!

+1 for the landscape orientation, subtle colours and shadows

Thanks all.

noticed after I took them that there was a hair stuck somewhere in my camera body.

very obvious in the shots, but hopefully managed to get rid of the worst of it.

Just off centre. You can see it if you zoom in to the Flickr shots.

But I took them a few days ago and the flowers are now past their best, so I couldn’t retake.

What a beautiful rose Kell, You picked the best shot. Such fine details in the petals.

Pete

Beautiful rose pic!

Quite like both of those. Either would have been good as the main thread photo.

Last edited:
Interesting set Kell.
The the angle and the use of DoF in the first is my favourite

Last one for me - nice to see the effect of time on a time piece. But understand why you've used what you have, but it didn't shout time or time piece to me from the main thread.

That's a really nice set of images, the one you chose for the main thread is great. Some fantastic 'character' in that watch, it's certainly seen a few sunrises ;)

Thanks all.

Like most people these days, I have a smart watch (by which I mean Apple Watch, not a dress watch) so my good watch gets very little use.

It was a treat to myself 20 and a bit years ago when I got my first decent job. It's definitely been through the wars though. I damaged it almost immediately (the 15 on the dial) when wearing it to go swimming. I'd forgotten my goggles so was trying to do lengths without them. Unfortunately, I had my eyes shut for a bit as they were stinging. And it was just long enough to wander off course in my lane and scrape the watch on the edge of the pool.

After that, it didn't feel so pristine, so I just wore it whenever I did anything, I think the only time I took it off was when washing the car - and that was to protect the car from scratches, rather than protect the watch.

Part of the reason why I liked number two and six was because they show some of that wear.

As someone else mentioned above, it's nice to see the passage of 'time' on an object.

Last edited:
Like the first one best, the backstory on the 15 damage was good, bet you had a few choice words to say when it happened so early in its life.

I'm not a big fan of super shallow DoFs, but in this case it works. My favourite is #1 for the interesting PoV!

Week 15 - Snapper's choice.

Saw this bad boy and originally thought it was dead as it wasn't moving.

Then I went to pick up the tea-towel it was on and it flapped its wings.

Pretty big (I know nothing about wasp types) but looking on line, I think it's a yellowjacket.

IMG_8232-2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Great combination of red, yellow and black - all the warning colours! I'm with @CliveH and would have been more bothered about not being stung than getting a nicely framed and focused shot!

Transport - I like the colour and the low Pov of the 2nd one.
Fenced - That certainly gives the feel of a confined space.
Flora - I like the first one more
Time - interesting set of images
Free week - very vibrant and great detail

A friend of my wife (who's an etymologist) says it's a normal wasp, but a queen.
I agree with that, there are a lot about at the moment, now the weather is warm and dry, all looking for nest sites.

Nice close up Kell.

Nice contrasting colours and detail.

Not my favourite subject at the moment. We had a nest in the wall space last year - had to make a hole to dig it out! We've blocked it off and they are all buzzing around outside now looking for the entrance. Hoping they don't find a way in!

Hi Kell,

The coffee bean image is spot on for Pleasure. That one really works for me.
Interesting sculpture for Local. I think the lit version is the one for me. Well done for getting a silhouette too.
Cracking set of shots for Wild. The last one with the raindrops is absolutely excellent!
Nice shot for Winter. The Giraffe looks a little bemused by it.
Good take on the theme for Fenced. That's a busy small desk!
Excellent set of images for Time. All excellent images. It's nice to see a watch light that with 'patina'.
Snapper's choice is a very sharp shot. Well done for getting that close!

Hi Kell

Nice details and well focused, colour of the tea towel brings it to life.

Pete

Great colour and detail. Much as I dislike them I still can't kill anything... apart from horse flies ;)

Fantastic photo and the colours are striking. My little girl saw it and let out a little scream, so job done!

Back