Kell's TP 52 2020 - Weeks 51 and 52.

I'm going for the simplistic #1 Kell (y)

All good images Kell. I also like #1 out of the selection.. I think because they are the colours that appeal to me.

Week 51 - Showcase.

I love the Red Kites we get around here, and never quite managed to get s decent, sharp shot of one, I got fairly close when it came to "Your initial" week, but it was still a little blurry.

A few weeks' later however, I managed to snap this one. Which I'm rather pleased with. Is it the best photo I've taken all year? I don't believe so, but it's the one I've wanted to achieve for the longest, so that sense of accomplishment is probably the highest with this one.

IMG_9593 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Showcase - That's cool, to showcase the image you've wanted to get all year and finally caught :)
Given the flat blue sky, I might have been tempted to pp more sky to the right to give the kite more space to fly into. Not important, but just a consideration given how simple it would be to do.
Decorate - An interesting angle, shooting upwards, it gives an unusual perspective. Lighting is purely the ambient light I'm guessing. I might have been tempted to reflect (or add) some additional light in to reduce the shadows a bit, but that's just me.

That's a great picture of the kite - great to hear the achievement as well.

I like your picture of the tree as well - it is a little dark on the LHS but the feel of the picture is still very warm and comforting.

You’ve got some lovely detail in your red kite.

I like the use of the ambient light for the Christmas tree. It does give it that cosy, homely feel.

Two nice images to finish. Love the kite shot - such beautiful birds. Well done on reaching the end of the 52.

Nice kite Kell, I'm glad you finally managed it (y)

We get them here too, although its locally built up, they happily stole the turkey neck and "bits" from my back garden (y)

We normally leave the carcasses out after a roast.

Made the mistake one week of leaving out the bone from a shoulder of lamb though.

Woke up as one one the birds hadmanaged to lift it as far as the roof above our bedroom and starting chucking it about up there.

What a great finish Kell. I love the pic of the Kite. I like the angle on the tree too.

Nice 2 to finish off with, I just love Red Kites, such magnificent birds! And, the tree looks lovely and very festive indeed.

Showcase
I think it's a great shot of the Red Kite.

Decorate
Great light and I like how is illuminating the top few presents.

Back