Kenyan wildlife May 2014

I really like the elephant shot ... I think I prefer it without the sky though, but that's a personal thing

i really like the elephant shot as well just seems where the sun is popping through just over powers my eyes. but o my i am jealous (y)

thanks - I'm still undecided on whether the horizon adds to or detracts from the photo.. but yea, rather pleased with that one!

Thats a nice set,would te Elephant shot still work if you cropped a third or so from the top ,and remove the brightness,then crop in from the left and just leave the rays of light shinning in on to the scene if that makes sense,just my opinion Geoff

Hi Geoff

Good set, especially like images 2 and 3. Love the dust the elephant has created. Agree with Dennis, Nicholas and new2me regarding crop and brightness - reducing the sun glare should help but still maintain overall effect. Be interested to know what lens(es) you used for most for your wildlife shots. Off there late September and trying to work out lenses to take (and lug round :eek:). Any advice would be very welcome.

Like the other comments, I like the Elephant shot and possibly reduce the sharp sky effect. I am due over in a couple of weeks and would also like to know what lens to take. Not looking to take more than two or one if possible would like to take my 70-200 f2.8 sigma would that be useful or ai do have a 70-300 f/5.6 not sure which would be best. Any help would be we
Come.

Many thanks

Geoff,

you are tempting me ......... any discounts for TP members ......... what's the bird life out there like ........ is there a local guide ......... whats the best month(s) ........... not too hot

Start a conversation if you wish ....... like to know more

Hi all,

My equipment is very simple - a 150-600 on a 7d, a 70-200 f2.8 on a 7d and a nice wide angle (I have an assortment), also on a 7d.

Bill - we will shortly be putting together some special offers for TP so watch this space, bird life is amazing - I am building an aossrtment of hides around the place so shortly it will be (hopefully) one of the ultimate photographic destinations in Kenya, I am the senuior guide but we have three local Maasai guides as well, best (and most expensive) months are July, August but to be fair, anytime in the year is amazing! (February is the hottest period)

Hi all,

My equipment is very simple - a 150-600 on a 7d, a 70-200 f2.8 on a 7d and a nice wide angle (I have an assortment), also on a 7d.

Bill - we will shortly be putting together some special offers for TP so watch this space, bird life is amazing - I am building an aossrtment of hides around the place so shortly it will be (hopefully) one of the ultimate photographic destinations in Kenya, I am the senuior guide but we have three local Maasai guides as well, best (and most expensive) months are July, August but to be fair, anytime in the year is amazing! (February is the hottest period)

Sounds great Geoff - we have just booked our usual month in S Africa in Jan/Feb 2015 ……. but if you did small groups at a good price, after August/Sept I would certainly consider up to a couple of weeks providing it was "bird watching & photography" - a TP group would be interesting …… there is quite a bit of competition out there so make your special

Thanks for your update Geoff. Similar kit with Tamron on back order. Still unsure on this one with quite a few stating focus issues on bif etc. Had hoped to use on aviation as well. Value your thoughts and do appreciate that skills of user will come into play with long focal lengths. Good luck with your new venture as well, sounds a great way to earn a living :)

Back