Kermit and friends

Edit My Images
Yes
I've given up with birdies because they fly away at the first sight of a telephoto lens, especially big white ones. Frogs are much easier, particularly when preoccupied with whatever they're doing. :D

frog1.jpg

frog2.jpg

frog3.jpg

frog4.jpg

frog5.jpg

I just love the smug look on their faces. :D

Don't give up on the birds, we cant have Matt being the only member posting great shots, it would go to his head ;)

I like the first and next to last shots the best. The look on their faces are almost like they are taking the micky. :LOL:

cool shots there silkstone like the first and the last two the expression on there faces are great, been a while since i had that same expression on my face, cant think for the life of me what i was doing :).

Thanks guys. Here are a couple more - it's nice of them to give each other a piggyback when they're tired, don't you think? :D

frog6.jpg

frog7.jpg

disgusting filth! Fancy showing COPULATING animals, complete with bodily fluids all over the place in shot 2

*snigger*

nice piccies, but cant help feeling you were looking for something to shoot!

:tripod:

I think when they've finished with the piggyback rides, you'll have a good chance of some bird shots. :wink:

My mums pond was often raided by a bad @$$ heron last year ! he made light work of the frogs and a few fish :LOL:

Nice shots though silky 8)

We do have the occasional heron visit, but the three cats have the duty of scaring it away... when they're not asleep, which is most of the time. :( The cunning plan is that if we have enough frogs (counted 100 earlier this week :shock: ) the heron will stuff itself so much it won't be able to take off, so I can throttle the b*gg*r. :)

silkstone said:
We do have the occasional heron visit, but the three cats have the duty of scaring it away... when they're not asleep, which is most of the time. :( The cunning plan is that if we have enough frogs (counted 100 earlier this week :shock: ) the heron will stuff itself so much it won't be able to take off, so I can throttle the b*gg*r. :)

Get some cool pics of Heron first!

Are they in your pond Silky?

The first is the best of the bunch IMO.

I would try again when the light isn't as harsh, but this time get down even lower for your shot.
You'll notice a huge differance with this method.

Keep em coming Paul.

I'd like to shoot some frogs myself, anyone know of some localish ponds where I can find some? :click:

Yes, it's the garden pond which is usually full of either frogs or blanket weed!

The light was harsh, as you say. Earlier this week it was too dull. :( I'll try some low level shots tomorrow if the weather's OK, and then I'll shop around for a waterproof camera. :wink:

The problem is the snorkel for when I fall in. :D

Where's your commitment?
Get in the pond.

I know of a lad Who waded out into the sea in the freezing conditions just a couple of weeks ago, to get a photo of a egret.
Thing is he only had jeans and a jumper on when he did it.

Matt said:
Where's your commitment?
Get in the pond.

I know of a lad Who waded out into the sea in the freezing conditions just a couple of weeks ago, to get a photo of a egret.
Thing is he only had jeans and a jumper on when he did it.

Thats not showing commitment, its showing that he needs commiting :LOL:

effyman said:
So Silky, you're into orgies, eh? [smilie=n:[/quote]
No, just voyerism! :LOL:

I've given up with birdies because they fly away at the first sight of a telephoto lens, especially big white ones.
I know what you mean!!
seagullflight2vm.jpg

Back