Kernow Chris' 52 for 2017 - Broken added

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
So, my first attempt at a '52 challenge', see how far I get!

Week 0 - Song title/lyric.

Hopefully not too obtuse...

32002805975_7111767d6a_h.jpg

(Taken at 33RPM)

... if you are not sure...

Last edited:
Both excellent shots Chris. I prefer #1 (I think) precisely because it is abstract, minimalist and the subtle colours blend in well. Let's get this TP52 done Chris ... think big.

I really like the first one. Nice muted tones. Both suit the theme and the second suits the lyrics as well as the title... 'like a record baby, right round...'

Dare I say it,.. for me the second one is more of a record shot... :exit:

Excellent idea, looks just the right speed, reminds me of a tie my dad used to wear for work.

Lovin` the abstract of the first shot (y)

I like the idea behind #1. And the execution.

Not so sure about #2. Maybe that would have worked better against a plain background.

Thanks for the kind comments, lets hope the next 52 are as well received.

good abstract shot - I assume the second shot is to show how it was rotating at 33rpm rather than an extra entry.
Fun Idea and fits the song choice well

Good start with an interesting take on the theme, the first is well done but I'm glad you gave it a bit of context with the second

Order - There is only ONE correct order...

It didn't come out quite how I envisaged it, my photoshop skills need more work but I ran out of scones.

Imagine running out of scones - how on earth did that happen I wonder ;). Very inventive and humorous interpretation - I like it (like you say, there is only one correct order ... with a blob of cream on top).

Made me smile, very well put together but you've got it the wrong way round, you wouldn't put jam on your toast and then butter now would you? ;)

Cool idea for the theme and a nice piece of photo choppery there also Chris :)

Love the interpretation on the theme and the way you have produced it. You are however wrong!;) jam on top!:).

If you are near Newquay I am prepared to assist in the disposal off the props!

Very clever approaches to themes. (y)

I like marmite with jam on top. :D

I like marmite with jam on top. :D

What?!

Sorry Chris, I was going to reply and say something about your image making me laugh but d00d has just... it's... I... nope, I have no words.

Cream on top of jam please. Not perfect but well done for trying!

Loving the vibrancy and the work you've put into this Chris.
There are perhaps a few points that could be picked out, but it's not pretending to be anything other than a photoshop so any imperfections are perfectly allowable.

There is no correct order for jam & cream on scones. What a waste of perfectly good jam & cream!!!

Only real crit from me is the slightly transparent wings.

Nice one. Plenty of Youtube videos to improve your technique.

Cheers.

Loving the vibrancy and the work you've put into this Chris.
There are perhaps a few points that could be picked out, but it's not pretending to be anything other than a photoshop so any imperfections are perfectly allowable.

There is no correct order for jam & cream on scones. What a waste of perfectly good jam & cream!!!

Thanks guys, and yes, I find photoshop hard work, lightroom and nik are my favoured tools.

Back