Kestral in flight - Picture added

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
Have played a little bit with in PS to slightly desaturate the BG. What do you think

5065726230_844c2b37b4_b.jpg

Original image
5065863498_e6c83bca97_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

C & C Welcome

Last edited:
Love the kestral, not so sure about the background.

nice kestral like neil b says not sure about the background just does not look right...

The kestrel is super but the background seems to have 2 distinct halves

Love the kestral, not so sure about the background.

:agree:

cracking shot though :clap:

nice kestral like neil b says not sure about the background just does not look right...

It's a good capture, especially against the ground, but the image has a green hue to it.

The kestrel is super but the background seems to have 2 distinct halves

Thanks everyone (y), perhaps I should leave PS alone :thinking:
I have to agree, your right, I have added the original picture now, any thoughts please
Cheers
Trev

Good BIF shot Trev, focus where it should be head on, spot on the eyes. As you know it is the DOF that gives the effect of two halves, but I do not mind this at all. Nice capture. (y)

Cracking shot Trev, much prefer original background though(y)

Good BIF shot Trev, focus where it should be head on, spot on the eyes. As you know it is the DOF that gives the effect of two halves, but I do not mind this at all. Nice capture. (y)
Thank you Gordon, yes, I was using f/5, set up for another shot when this chap arrived, hence the small DoF which I also prefer for this shot (y)
Cracking shot Trev, much prefer original background though(y)
Cheers Brian (y)
Much, much better (y)
Thanks Andy (y)
'Tis a belter of a shot :clap:

Love the original shot, beautiful focus and the actual shape in flight (y)
Thats appreciated Tina, thank you (y)
Nice shot, prefer the 2nd one was this in the wild?
Thank you Nicki, think I'll stop playing so much with the shots and keep them simple now, I too prefer the original. I was actually after a buzard when this chap came in low and fast.

Thank to everyone for your comments and encouragement, its appreciated very much (y)

Last edited:
Thank you Nicki, think I'll stop playing so much with the shots and keep them simple now, I too prefer the original. I was actually after a buzard when this chap came in low and fast.

Thank to everyone for your comments and encouragement, its appreciated very much (y)

Wild or captive?

Any chance of seeing it with no PP?

Lovely shot of the Kestral but judging by the halo around the wings and tail it looks like its been cut out of another image and pasted onto a different b/g.
Probably just a trick of the light.
Great capture

Thanks, but your wrong there, its absolutely genuine, there isnt a halo as such, what your seeing it the light at the edge of the wing feathers. I took a series of shots and this was the best, your welcome to see the rejects.
Here you go. No PP apart from resizing.
5067416468_aa53864339.jpg

5067416574_e52881c9c2.jpg

5066806035_485bda711e.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely caught, but just check the working colour space in your editing software Trev - I think something is set to Adobe RGB rather than sRGB?

Thanks for putting me firmly in my place.
I did think it was the trick of the light.
Still a great capture

Mike

Thanks Mike, glad you like it. Hope I replied to your comment politely, no offence ever meant in any way (y)

Nicely caught, but just check the working colour space in your editing software Trev - I think something is set to Adobe RGB rather than sRGB?

Thank you Cedric, its appreciated. I have gone through all my settings, and yes, the RAW converter from ACR to PS was set to RGB. I hadnt noticed so thanks very much for the advice (y) Maybe I can stop strugling with colours now :D

I prefer the original to be honest Trev. I am probably in the minority of one but I do think that a lot of birds are oversharpened on here. Again, just my opinion.

You did well capturing this, well done.........(y)

Good capture Trev (y) and fair play for having a play around in PS. If we dont make mistakes we learn absolutely nothing, well spotted by Ced`s, and Ade is right as there aint a lot wrong with the original.

I prefer the original to be honest Trev. I am probably in the minority of one but I do think that a lot of birds are oversharpened on here. Again, just my opinion.

You did well capturing this, well done.........(y)
Cheers Ade
Wonderful captures.
Thank you Don
Like wise (y)
thanks Mike
Masterful, Trev. I love the desaturated background. (y)
Thanks Mark
Well captured Trev hope to meet you on Thursday night.
Paul.
Sorry Paul, had to call it off at the last moment, hope the night was interesting.
Good capture Trev (y) and fair play for having a play around in PS. If we dont make mistakes we learn absolutely nothing, well spotted by Ced`s, and Ade is right as there aint a lot wrong with the original.
Thanks a lot Rich

Back