Kestrel And Great Grey Shrike

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out to photograph a Great Grey Shrike that has taken up residence near to me, and this chap came and had a hover, it would have be rude not to have taken a shot, the picture of the Shrike was taken a couple of days previous, he didn't come so close yesterday :)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qdBESu]
[/url]

Nice kestrel and great to see a Shrike (which I've never seen before), better background would have been good for it but you take what you can get with wildlife :)

Here's one from the day after gramps, poor sky and poor colours on the Shrike, although it's showing well it's not the easiest bird to predict it's movements, so getting the right background is hit and miss, as you say such is wildlife photography, if it was easy it would't be any fun :)

Very nice captures, like gramps never seen a Shrike. It's not easy taking photos of our wildlife at this time of year with our bland skies, althought one positive is they haven't got the foilage to hide behind like in spring / summer.

Nice shots of the Shrike, I'd have given slightly more space at the tail ends for my taste but they're nicely posed and the bg's aren't bad at all - much better than my recent efforts.

Back