kestrel, male & female

Name
paul
Edit My Images
No
managed to catch up with this kestrel pair again.....
weather was really poor & light was worse but isn't that nearly always the case.....
was chuffed to catch the male as it's my fist......
clipped the wings of the male but still thought it was ok..........

hope you like.

IMG_3823_1_edited-692000.jpg

IMG_3703_1CC200.jpg

IMG_6552_1CCC200.jpg

Last edited:
dreameruk said:
great set but u might wanna sort the clone marks out on number one ;)

Knew I forgot something. Will take it out later :)

Good set paul, #3 for me despite the wing tips,easily repaired as you are more than aware.

Excellent photos - Are these wild birds?

Also - as Keith said, any chance of some exif data for us newbies to try and copy please?

ringyneck said:
Yep agree...No 3 is so close otherwise my fave.....

What speed did you manage on these please.

Keith (y)

400th sec @ f5.6 , 600mm f4 +1.4x tc ISO 800

Brian_of_Bozeat said:
Excellent photos - Are these wild birds?

Also - as Keith said, any chance of some exif data for us newbies to try and copy please?

Yeah most definitely wild.
I almost exclusively shoot only wild but if I do take some at organised shoots I would always say.

Exellent shots Paul great detail in them, No1 is the one i would pick if i had to...Nige.

Thanks very much folks, I wasn't sure if I should post them or not...

I wasn't sure about the blur in the wings due to the relatively slow shutter speed.
The original images were a bit messy but cleaned up ok ( apart from no1 which I missed)

Thanks again & hopefully ill be able to get more in some better weather.

Hi Paul

I keep coming back to this and cant help wondering what you have cloned out of the first shot, any chance you could post a shot up from before the clone work took place?

dreameruk said:
Hi Paul

I keep coming back to this and cant help wondering what you have cloned out of the first shot, any chance you could post a shot up from before the clone work took place?

No problem , was just an ugly post . I thought it drew my attention away from the bird.

Lovely detailed shots Paul, did you get these from a hide :thinking:
Super sharp eyes (y)

Neil B said:
Lovely detailed shots Paul, did you get these from a hide :thinking:
Super sharp eyes (y)

Yeah. Probably the smallest one on the planet :)

you say no problem yet you seem reluctunt to post the before shot.

Am I the only person who finds Lea's critique approach tiresome?
On Ringyneck's Near Miss Wren thread Lea berates the OP for posting what he considers to be"crap" images yet on this thread Lea is attempting to goad Drexl into posting an unedited image containing a post which Drexl quite rightly doesn't want to and certainly doesn't need to do because he considers it of not good enough quality to display on the thread.

Cracking set of images Drexl.

On Ringyneck's Near Miss Wren thread Lea berates the OP for posting what he considers to be"crap" images yet on this thread Lea is attempting to goad Drexl into posting an unedited image containing a post which Drexl quite rightly doesn't want to and certainly doesn't need to do because he considers it of not good enough quality to display on the thread.

i thought you had me blocked, if so you wouldn't see posts from me so stop ya whining

BigBudgie said:

As good as these images are, I can sympathise with the critique. When you say 'quite rightly' in regard to cloning the post out, there's nothing right about it.
The RSPB guidelines for wild bird photography specifically discourage cloning/masking out backgrounds. They used to be stickied at the top of the forum and I thought that most birders on here had agreed to adopt them.

The prompting for an unedited photo is unwarranted though.

As good as these images are, I can sympathise with the critique. When you say 'quite rightly' in regard to cloning the post out, there's nothing right about it.
The RSPB guidelines for wild bird photography specifically discourage cloning/masking out backgrounds. They used to be stickied at the top of the forum and I thought that most birders on here had agreed to adopt them.

Thank you Mark :) you got a lot of idiots on here not gonna name them but i bet one or two of them now get involved

If you going to quote me then please do so in the correct context!
I didn't say "quite rightly" with respect to cloning the post out.

Sadly, it appears that Lea's prompting for an un-edited version is going to continue unabated. Yawn :baby:

If you going to quote me then please do so in the correct context!
I didn't say "quite rightly" with respect to cloning the post out.

Sadly, it appears that Lea's prompting for an un-edited version is going to continue unabated. Yawn :baby:

go through the thread, he says "no problem", so what's your problem ? are we not entitled to see what he has cloned out or we all meant to praise him for his fantastic flight shot that it not all it is cracked up to be ? and lets face it the clone job is a mess or are you all blind to it, well looking at your work i would say yes.

Last edited:
dreameruk said:
you say no problem yet you seem reluctunt to post the before shot.

I'm not reluctant at all to post the original shot I just won't have time until probably Friday when I'm back home.
I work very long hours now & usually have to travel away from home. Hence I don't get the chance to get out with my kit as much as I would like.
Apologies if that causes you a problem but I will post it ASAP.

I'm not reluctant at all to post the original shot I just won't have time until probably Friday when I'm back home.
I work very long hours now & usually have to travel away from home. Hence I don't get the chance to get out with my kit as much as I would like.
Apologies if that causes you a problem but I will post it ASAP.

if you would of said that when you said No Problem it would of saved the likes of people like Graham getting involved, think he just had to have his five mins of fame because he dont get it any other way :D

Wow I've just read all the latest posts on this & I'm a bit lost.

There's no need for any bad feeling after all its just a few snaps of a kestrel.
Don't know where all the animosity has all come from & don't need to know.
All I want to do is post a few snaps & view other members shots.

Lets put the bad feelings to bed after all we are adults.

Wow I've just read all the latest posts on this & I'm a bit lost.

There's no need for any bad feeling after all its just a few snaps of a kestrel.
Don't know where all the animosity has all come from & don't need to know.
All I want to do is post a few snaps & view other members shots.

Lets put the bad feelings to bed after all we are adults.

ok i'm off to bed :)

Back