Kestrel with a Shrew

i wish you stop posting images like this Kevin

I think that I am doing well until you post yours

Lovely capture Kevin bet you were smiling for quite a while after she went

Fantastic shot Kevin, great to have it just find you like that! :)

Didn't even notice the rodent to start with as I was transfixed on the eyes. Lucky man - well done! (y)

Superb! (y) .......having a kill, the eye contact and being a female makes it a stunning shot Kevin (y)

Have you thought about cloning out the stray bits of grass just to the right and left of her head?

Top notch shot Kev. The eye contact and the rodent take it over the top.

If it was mine I'd clone out the grasses by the head and lighten it a touch, but I know you're not that way inclined!

Great work

Mike

Superb shot and a beautiful bird. FWIW though, shrews aren't rodents! :)

Hi kev,

With a background this plain it makes the cloning a bit easier. I work in a highly magnified view, and for the parts right next to the bird I use a hard brush, then go over the bits further away with a soft brush at 1/2 opacity so there are no hard lines afterwards.

Without going the flickr route I had to reduce his to 1024px and adjust the sharpening accordingly, so you may see a slight difference here, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with the original - it's razor sharp, it was just a resizing issue.

Mike

kestrel-shrew-cloned.jpg

Right place right time Kevin excellent capture.
GEORGE.

wow ,what else can i say

Stunning shot, you may have been lucky with the pose but the rest is your great skill as a photographer.

Great shot Kevin, you make your own luck so well done there. The eyes really make it for me.

Back