Kestrel

First is good Gordon, but the second blows it out of the water. Well done on pushing the ISO to get the necessary settings - I wouldn't have guessed the ISO if I hadn't looked at the flickr version. Beautifully presented.

Mike

They were from a taster day in a hide in Droitwich, they have a kingfisher hide there too.

2 very nice images, it's difficult to pick a favourite from them. I love the eye contact in the first but the second image with the wings up like that give the image some movement too. Impressive at ISO 8000, that's dizzy heights for me. :) Well done. (y)

Being a tad OCD myself, I'd maybe spot heal the poop but that really is me being fussy. :)

But the crops/compositions are too tight IMO...[/QUOTE]
Good point, a bit more space would probably be an improvement.

I would agree about the space, particulalrly in number 2, some more space to the right would take that one to an even higher level.

Two excellent shots Gordon (y)

For me, the first with the head turned looking down the lens is perfect and doesn't need the wider crop. Its showing lovely detail and my eyes were drawn straight to the birds

But agree, the second shot with the wings up and heard turned to profile made the shot a tad tight down the right and looks easier on the eye with more space :)

Back