Kestrel

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken today, at the same place as the SEO, isnt perfect, the light was so harsh, would have preferred it if the left of its head wasnt so much in shadow.

Kestrel4.jpg

May not be perfect, but still a nice shot.

That, sadly, looks like a huge crop, post processed to the nth. Still I like it.
I'm not jealous at all.... much

Again, your long lens show us all up. Most of us good not even get close.

Nice composition but as oldgit sad the large crop lets it down a little.

Any chance of borrowing that lens ??? :LOL: :LOL:

You would have been better off with a 200mm Ian, afterall, that is the best lens for wildlife.............:cautious:

You would have been better off with a 200mm Ian, afterall, that is the best lens for wildlife.............:cautious:

Ay ay :p I said long lenses have their place! Remember, Wildlife Photographer of the Year Winner was a 10-22mm.....of a snow leapord... Now that's wildlife photography!

Yeah, whatever.....zzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, whatever.....zzzzzzzzzz

Mature!

The previous year there was a sparrow hawk drinking from a bird bath at 100mm-ish...shot from behind a 2 way mirror. Using one's ingenuity usually has better results than walking round with 50 trillion mm of lens and pointing at anything that moves ;)

Mature?......No.

I just cannot be arzed arguing with "another" expert, wether self proclaimed or not, especially one who pours forth drivel.

Because when clowns talk sheite, it is remembered..............(y)

Shall we go through history and quote? Or do you admit you were talking b****x when you said that a 200 was enough for wildlife...........;)

Because when clowns talk sheite, it is remembered..............(y)

Shall we go through history and quote? Or do you admit you were talking b****x when you said that a 200 was enough for wildlife...........;)

I'm basing that opinion on the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition. Entered by amateurs and professionals alike, it shows the worlds best wildlife photography year in, year out. Judged by wildlife experts, photographers...and numerous other professional people. So a fair and balanced foundation, no?

This years entrants, that were exhibited and published in the book consisted of about 90% of lenses 300mm or under (I'll get the book and do an exact count if it'd help), the overriding majority of which were actually wide angle. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what does...and I'm sure you won't try and deny that. Just to point out, I didn't include plant and tree photos.

The work published is better than mine, it is better than yours....wildlife photography is more than the equipment, it is about the skill as well. FPS and field craft...it all helps.

Is anything I said there incorrect? Does anyone else disagree?

Again lovely composition mate and even for a huge crop it looks damn good but a tad soft:shrug:

Back