Kettle, only useful as a prop

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
19618-1518694092-86e211c58aa669d7492ddf5cf38cbb79.jpg

Bought the other day, but the water tasted of plastic once boiled. While it is waiting to go back, it can pose for me. Makes a very poor cuppa. :(

That's pretty much identical to ours. IIRC the instructions tell you to discard the first 2 fills after boiling to ensure the water doesn't have a plasticky taste. Rarely gets used other than to bring water to the boil for cooking (poured into a preheated pan to speed things up.)

That's pretty much identical to ours. IIRC the instructions tell you to discard the first 2 fills after boiling to ensure the water doesn't have a plasticky taste. Rarely gets used other than to bring water to the boil for cooking (poured into a preheated pan to speed things up.)
We used it for a week, and boiled fresh water four or five times a day. It still tasted horrible after a week. It went back , and I got a different make. We are all now enjoying a lovely cuppa. :)

Had a closer look at ours and it's more different than I thought! Ours is a Breville, polished SS with the fill level window in the handle moulding.

Enjoy your Rosie!

Had a closer look at ours and it's more different than I thought! Ours is a Breville, polished SS with the fill level window in the handle moulding.

Enjoy your Rosie!
Swapped ours for a TOWER Glass kettle, it light up blue ( for some reason) missus loves it. So long as the missus is happy. :)

My wife (in her limited wisdom) tipped the contents of a hot water bottle back into the kettle without me knowing one day. I made a brew a few minutes later and was nearly sick. Tried cleaning it but the next few boils after that one still had a taint of melted rubber. New kettle purchased, wife *scalded (scolded - you’re welcome :runaway:).

We bought a glass kettle. Looks the part, no nasty plastics, and makes a cracking brew.

My wife (in her limited wisdom) tipped the contents of a hot water bottle back into the kettle without me knowing one day. I made a brew a few minutes later and was nearly sick. Tried cleaning it but the next few boils after that one still had a taint of melted rubber. New kettle purchased, wife *scalded (scolded - you’re welcome :runaway:).

We bought a glass kettle. Looks the part, no nasty plastics, and makes a cracking brew.

We now have a glass kettle, it has a blue light when in use. Pretty memorising, waiting for the water to boil. :)

Back