Kick Boxing - Cambodia

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
I was lucky enough to get ringside at a kick boxing match when in Cambodia recently. It's amazing what $1 to the security guard gets you :)

I've only ever done boxing before which I found slower paced compared to kick boxing. Took about 300 shots of the various bouts and ended up with two that I liked. Feedback welcome!

DSC_3108-L.jpg

DSC_3168-L.jpg

Cheers!

IMHO these are pretty poor to be perfectly blunt... should be straight, shouldn't be ropes in the picture.. shouldnt cut the ref off at the ankles.. should have two fighters in the picture (not 1 & 1/2) and should be actual peak action rather than about to kick someone.. You probably have a hat full of reasons why these things happen.. but at the end of the day I can only comment on the two pictures you have shown us.. as is ..

Sorry but you did ask :)

I like them both, but do agree with Kipax on cutting in half as in all sports the photographer should make sure not to cut off the ankles or body parts. It`s the same in all sports rugby/football/golf. At the end of the day if your happy with them, that`s all that counts.

Last edited:
IMHO these are pretty poor to be perfectly blunt... should be straight, shouldn't be ropes in the picture.. shouldnt cut the ref off at the ankles.. should have two fighters in the picture (not 1 & 1/2) and should be actual peak action rather than about to kick someone.. You probably have a hat full of reasons why these things happen.. but at the end of the day I can only comment on the two pictures you have shown us.. as is ..

How would you take pictures of boxing/kickboxing and not have ropes in the picture?
Unless they're close ups?

Don't be sorry at all, it's great feedback! Thank you.

I did find it incredibly difficult to not have the ropes in the shot and found I was contorting my body to get over the edge of the ring and my camera under the ropes; hence the 'slightly' skewed horizons.

I'll try to bear this in mind for any future attempts!

How would you take pictures of boxing/kickboxing and not have ropes in the picture?
Unless they're close ups?

OP stated he was ringside.. therefore its easy enough to shoot through the ropes :)

Don't be sorry at all, it's great feedback! Thank you.

I did find it incredibly difficult to not have the ropes in the shot and found I was contorting my body to get over the edge of the ring and my camera under the ropes; hence the 'slightly' skewed horizons.

I'll try to bear this in mind for any future attempts!

The day after a boxing or KB event my back and legs are killing me.. you end up in positions your not used to.. it's an awkward height to begin with and then twisting left and right.. it's doable but you end up sweating cobs and aching the next day :)

This is the last KB I did.. March 2019... The girl in red headgear is World champion at her weight so this is fast action @Bobsyeruncle

kb_001.jpg

kb_002.jpg

kb_003.jpg

kb_004.jpg

Last edited:
Back