Kilchurn.

Gorgeous photo Dale..... absolutely flawless.

I would love to go there one day.

Lovely (for January - a month I hate with all my being)

Perfect reflections. Great composition.

Not a critique as such but play with crops and aspect ratios. I can see a good square here, probably a 5x4 or 4x3.

Also, and with a sky like that try a portrait as it'll sell well as a cover etc.

You can shoot this 50mm, 35mm and even 24mm and have very different looking and feeling shots here. It's a location you can really work

I've just done a few from 2016 of this I missed. 20201020_162427.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely (for January - a month I hate with all my being)

Perfect reflections. Great composition.

Not a critique as such but play with crops and aspect ratios. I can see a good square here, probably a 5x4 or 4x3

Also, and with a sky like that try a portrait as it'll sell well as a cover etc.

You can shoot this 50mm, 35mm and even 24mm and have very different looking and feeling shots here. I've just done a few from 2016 of this I missed. View attachment 296280

Thanks Buddy.

So many to be had there Steve, I may crop this further, losing the brighter low mist to the right.

I may try that stream that feeds into the loch next time, hopefully it will be frozen with some nice ice detail.

I was hoping to go this weekend, but 40mph gusts might force me to stay in bed. ;)

Thanks Buddy.

So many to be had there Steve, I may crop this further, losing the brighter low mist to the right.

I may try that stream that feeds into the loch next time, hopefully it will be frozen with some nice ice detail.

I was hoping to go this weekend, but 40mph gusts might force me to stay in bed. ;)
October is a windy month

Probably a weekend for coastal or long exposures if the clouds are moving around.

Before any more of this lockdown carry on I might advise a trip to Elgol if you're facing a change for reflections.

And aye you've spotted the crop I was seeing.

Attached is a phone shot from Rannoch Moot two sundays past. Was surprised you and/or @Bobsyeruncle weren't up there. I was half expecting to have company
20201011_082534.jpg

Last edited:
October is a windy month

Probably a weekend for coastal or long exposures if the clouds are moving around.

Before any more of this lockdown carry on I might advise a trip to Elgol if you're facing a change for reflections.

And aye you've spotted the crop I was seeing.

Attached is a phone shot from Rannoch Moot two sundays past. Was surprised you and/or @Bobsyeruncle weren't up there. I was half expecting to have company
View attachment 296281

Sweet.

Wifey was working, I was on Dad duties. My Daughter is keen but I'm not quite sure how she'd tolerate an early start, the drive up and a few hours there, maybe when she's a little older.

Very nice work Dale

Very nice Dale - the water is glass still, right time right place fella & the PP is spot on

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Cracking" shot Dale, nothing more to be said.

George.

Rather nice. Like the darkness in the presentation and the longer crop which allows the nice light on the left and the lovely low lying mist on the right to get involved as well.

Rather nice. Like the darkness in the presentation and the longer crop which allows the nice light on the left and the lovely low lying mist on the right to get involved as well.

Cheers Mark. (y)

I keep coming back to this over and over again. I am stunned by the quality and conditions. I think if I had taken that, then my hobby in photography would be over as it just cant be beaten.

I keep coming back to this over and over again. I am stunned by the quality and conditions. I think if I had taken that, then my hobby in photography would be over as it just cant be beaten.

Cheers Jason.

One of the reasons I love photography is that you can never peak, it just keeps progressing, there's always room for improvement and also diversity. This location gives so much in many different ways, it's all about the light and weather here. I've been several times now and each occasion has been different, things can change minute by minute.

This pic works on every level for me. A castle, snow-capped peak, lovely light and colours, some mist and a wonderful, moody sky. The reflection just caps it all. It ticks every box. Stunner of a pic.

Thank you.

It's hard to believe, this was not that far off a year ago. The world was very different then but hopefully, some normality can return soon. I'm hoping it will be by the tail end of winter, there's a composition I want to try there but I'll need snow on the hills, no(or next to no) wind and a partially frozen stream.

I don't want much. ;)

Back