Kimmeridge bay after sunset

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from Monday night, feel very fortunate to have such scenery on my doorstep.

Comments/Crit always very welcome

Large
4583149193_17e314d66e_d.jpg

Large
4583778098_60a00e8d12_d.jpg

Sweet tones, mate. Very nice work.

The first is simply beautiful. I love the pastel tones and the rocks adds a bit of interest. (y)

Lovely pics. I wished I lived as close. During the summer I will be on holiday near this and I am hoping to find the area as people free in the late evening, but I doubt it.

thanks Peter (and other comments), I was very lucky that night, normally there are a few togs around, but that night i was all alone!

Chris

I love the colours, you have two cracking images there.

First is a real winner. Lovely tones (as said already) and great overall exposure. I would say the horizon is just a touch too central for me, but in this instance it actually works, as a crop either way would unbalance the image.

The second is nice, but the composition lets it down imho. The whole bottom right corner doesn't really add anything to the image, and is a bit distracting if I'm honest. I'd say the rocks in the water are enough of a foreground, giving you the freedom to make a more minimalist photo, concentrating more on the tones. This is, imho, why the first shot works so well :)

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated!

And Woodsy your landscapes on flickr are stunning, so your comments mean a lot!

Chris

Back