King of the hill......

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Captured at the Yorkshire wildlife park.

please view large by clicking on the images, thanks

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
I do like these in terms of framing and exposure - but they look really over-sharpened to me tbh.

I do like these in terms of framing and exposure - but they look really over-sharpened to me tbh.

Thanks for your comment, it's appreciated.
Actually they are barely sharpened at all. My Nikon d800e along with my 400mm afs E f2.8 make a combination which captures ridiculous levels of detail, and the image quality is such
that it's almost as if they were taken with me stood right next to the subject.
Just out of curiosity, which type/size of monitor are you viewing with?

kind regards
Tony

It is a 19inch Dell - pretty old model.

It is a 19inch Dell - pretty old model.
The only thing I can think is that your monitor may have contrast turned up quite high, which may emphasise the sharpened appearance.

Colour for me too, not a fan of B&W wildlife though
Love his relaxed attitude staring into the distance

They don't look over sharp to me either, but then my Nikon is the same, rarely have to do much to pictures
unless it's an operator fault ;)

I am back on a different computer and I think you must be right re the monitor as they look fine on this one! Thank you for the tip - I will have a look at the contrast on the other one.

Very nice, really taken advantage of their open enclosure there (y)

Very nice, really taken advantage of their open enclosure there (y)
Thanks a bunch.
It is the best facility of it's type I've ever encountered, I like how they put the animals first and yes I will be going back.
Saw victor the polar bear, jesus he's a monster, lol.
cheers
tony

Wonderful shots I too prefer the colour one
As Ingrid says he looks nice and relaxed

Colour for me too. You've captured the look of a contented, well fed-lion keeping an eye out for another lost Tour de Yorkshire cyclist. He really is in great condition compared with the mangy manes of the lions in Africa.

The detail is incredible though I find the dark patch to the left slightly distracting.

Back