Kingfisher at breakfast

SKM

Edit My Images
No
I have been visiting the kingfishers at Blashford 2 or 3 times a week over the past month and as a result have a vast collection of images - more during the month than the whole of the past 5 years - but still waiting to shoot one with a decent size fish. Again it was not to be this morning but did get this one

Stan

1/160, f8, ISO 1600, 600mm
20250235993_2878e3a33d_c.jpg

I've been several times and haven't even been lucky enough to see one let alone get a shot!

It's a great shot :) - do you go to the hides, and what length lens are you using to get these shots

cheers guys

do you go to the hides, and what length lens are you using to get these shots

you need to be here early - they are mostly about from around 6 am, although that is too early for me so i am getting there around 7 am. This morning there were 3 together and the action was non stop for around an hour

Lens length is shown above - actual lens is a Sigma 150-600 sport

Stan

That's certainly commitment Stan glad its paying off :) Image is good too

Well done on getting up early to get it and a lovely image it is too :)

Lovely shot Stan. Would look lovely framed and on a wall.

Thanks for looking Chris

Got a lot more shots yesterday, this one was at quite a distance and not top quality but it does show the size of the fish against the kingfisher

20904465986_a9ca0f7edf_c.jpg

and this one which is almost full frame

20741803098_51564b62d4_c.jpg

Both shot with sigma 150-600 sport

Stan

Some more good images, Stan...did the KF manage to swallow the young Perch?

Great shots. I'd love the get some shots like this but never have the patience. One day maybe b

I think anyone even seeing this bird is fortunate and to get such good shots is a bonus. I did visit Blashford several weeks ago..just visiting the area... and was in the hide at the far end ,away from the Education Centre ..I think it was Ivy lake having just looked at a map...and one of these flew right past the hide just below the window..a blue flash is all I saw but even that was something to see. .

Very nice set and as others have said a credit to your patience and commitment.

thanks for looking guys

did the KF manage to swallow the young Perch

he was being mobbed by a gull who also had his eye on the fish. In the end the KF dropped it and was scooped up by the gull

I think anyone even seeing this bird is fortunate and to get such good shots is a bonus. I did visit Blashford several weeks ago..just visiting the area... and was in the hide at the far end ,away from the Education Centre ..I think it was Ivy lake having just looked at a map...and one of these flew right past the hide just below the window..a blue flash is all I saw but even that was something to see.

that was the Ivy South hide, where in the past we have got the odd KF on the fallen trees in the water but more often than not, as with you they just do a fly by,

The kingfishers I have over the past weeks have been from the part of the reserve on the other side of the road

Stan

Back