Wild Kingfisher on the Irwell

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Not the best perch on this shot i know but normaly when i start the day trying for Kingfishers i use a perch thick enough were the bird will try and stun the fish , anything thinner and normaly it woulld steer away from it ,anyway once its been on i will then try and change it for a nicer one in hope for it to return later ,alas it didnt work on this ocassion and i had to make do with this one ,totaly wild and free and the only bait was the perch .
Kingfisher-.jpg

These photos are awesome :cool:, how can you criticise them :eek:

Lovely shot, the only criticism i have is the the statement "These photos are awesome" and I can only see one. If there are more of this standard I definitely want to see them - well done.

This comment is already a critique…
a very positive one but a critique! :D

This is why I don't bother getting a super tele to do this.

It would take me weeks and dozens if not hundreds of hours to find a bird

like this in range. And then I could not make such a good result.

So I just look at you`re photo and say thank you, wonderful effort

Lovely shot, the only criticism i have is the the statement "These photos are awesome" and I can only see one. If there are more of this standard I definitely want to see them - well done.

I was refering to this image and other previously posted of Kingfishers

As a side issue from the technical skills involved, a shot like this would not have been possible 30 or 40 years ago. The Irwell, which I know well from it's source above Rawtenstall through to entering the Manchester Ship Canal in Salford, was one of the most polluted rivers in Britain. But now, thanks to a lot of hard work by a lot of individuals & agencies anglers (&, clearly, kingfishers) are catching fish on the river in Manchester city centre.

I don't like the way the fish bends in the beak, I would prefer a straighter fish;):) only kidding, magnificent shot, doubly so as it isn't from a baited hide, and 300mm !!!!!

Hi Den, cracking shot (y)

You know us regulars will always find something to improve upon lol.

Little dust spot on the left hand side under the perch and maybe a sharpening halo on the underside of the perch? All good though and would like to see more from this set :)

Hi Den, cracking shot (y)

You know us regulars will always find something to improve upon lol.

Little dust spot on the left hand side under the perch and maybe a sharpening halo on the underside of the perch? All good though and would like to see more from this set :)
Theirs always one :):):) i must take note and clean my laptop screen as i always miss the dust spots (y)

stunning shot hope its going on your wall
To be honest i dont have any of my photographs on the wall, the only pics i have are of artists that have painted my photos and sent me the first of the edition....Just one little owl ,one Barn owl and a Brown hare No Kingfishers

Back