Kingfisher season is here!

Very nice indeed. Never seen a fish with whiskers though!

Nice colours, 'whiskers' do look a bit odd ... my local pair have deserted or been taken :(

Superb shot Mike (y) I'll trade you for a couple of Long-eared Owls! :D

Very nice indeed. Never seen a fish with whiskers though!

Looks like a Bullhead to me, very common in shallow fast flowing rivers at this time of year :)

Nothing beats the first time you get your first (wild) kingfisher shot ...i still get that buzz when they land on the perch .
Top work Mike for seeking them out and staying with it ,i know these shots will get better as you watch and wait as it looks like at the moment you are at a dodgy angle ,but as said first encounter and a few minor tweaks and your own perch can only be a plus point ...colours on the bird look good but the eye is a tad bright on my monitor...

Nothing beats the first time you get your first (wild) kingfisher shot ...i still get that buzz when they land on the perch .
Top work Mike for seeking them out and staying with it ,i know these shots will get better as you watch and wait as it looks like at the moment you are at a dodgy angle ,but as said first encounter and a few minor tweaks and your own perch can only be a plus point ...colours on the bird look good but the eye is a tad bright on my monitor...

Cheers Den,

Yes, the angle is a bit too steep, you're right. This is their favoured natural perch and not one I've put in, so hopefully I can do something about that over the coming weeks. Point noted about the eye.

Mike

Brilliant shot, there are a few Kingfishers in my neck of the woods but I have yet to get a good shot of them.

Back