Kingfisher

Amazing shot. Its the one bird that has eluded me for a long time. Tried to get a good shot of one for ages.

Very nice indeed, only suggestion I could make would be to keep to the vertical crop but narrow it a little, maybe 5 x 7.

Cracker, can i ask though, is there any way to tone the lower mandible down a touch?

I'm in no way able to critique, just wondering if ihe that and the head can be toned down a little, hope that's not being cheeky.

That's a cracking shot Denis, beautiful colours, good detail, and a nice pose. Could do with a bit of cropping to improve composition, but other than that really nice.(y)

George.

The shot was taken between the fork of a tree and i was restricted to the shot available, could not crop much farther to the left, that was the reason the bird is over to the right, i understand that people may have cropped differently but there was not a great deal on offer. As regards the lower mandible, I knew it was blown out and did the best i could, just down to the strong side light.

Thanks, i wasn't sure if it could be altered in the 'puter, tweaking via one of those whatever you call them.

In all honesty, I think you have done a damned good job there in ,what is obviously, difficult light.

Back