Kingfisher

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Had the D500 and 500 f4 packed inside the backpack when I arrived to see the Kingfisher despatching a fish!
By the time I had got the equipment out, removed the lens covers and got to the window of the hide it had swallowed the fish and would be gone in just a few moments :(

Anyway, this is what I managed to capture in the time available ... I've tried cloning out the bit of dead 'something' immediately above its head but it's just too fiddly so it is what it is.

Kingfisher
by Roger, on Flickr

…jealous! :(

Nice shot Roger, like Daniel, I've a touch of jealousy :D

Could do with that bit of brown foliage cloning out above its head though, looks like its standing on the gallows!

Roger, I've just had a really quick edit to get rid of it and it wasn't bad, could certainly do it better, taking more time.

I know you have no selected for edit my images so won't post it unless you say its ok :)

Thanks Phil, I got it 90% but just wasn't happy ... hopefully I can get the 'whatever' removed or catch it in a different sitting position next time. :)

Still an excellent capture Roger those kind of situations usually happen to me not with a kingfisher hasten to add, me never in the right place at the right time.
You must have moved pretty sharpish to obtain this really great shot.
GEORGE.

Still an excellent capture Roger those kind of situations usually happen to me not with a kingfisher hasten to add, me never in the right place at the right time.
You must have moved pretty sharpish to obtain this really great shot.
GEORGE.

Thanks George, I kicked myself for going to the loo 'just in case' and arriving too late to photograph it with the fish! :banghead:

Back