Kiron 105 macro test

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Had this lens for a number of years and it's been sitting in a bag for ages. While I am thinking about what to do with it, I thought I would give it a quick test and post a pic from it (@TimmyG ) It's taken with a pansonice g3, not round to getting an adapter for my M yet. Around f11 I think, (must write that down in future!) Lit by one of these I got from a garden centre or the range some where.

Un-edited raw opened up in camera raw and saved as jpeg

kiron 105 macro test un edited by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Same picture edited a little and with a bit of a sharpen

kiron 105 macro test by scilly puffin, on Flickr

1st one is excellent but No 2 is a little blown but overall both nice, not bad for a oldie, lens that is :D

Had this lens for a number of years and it's been sitting in a bag for ages. While I am thinking about what to do with it, I thought I would give it a quick test and post a pic from it (@TimmyG ) It's taken with a pansonice g3, not round to getting an adapter for my M yet. Around f11 I think, (must write that down in future!) Lit by one of these I got from a garden centre or the range some where.

Un-edited raw opened up in camera raw and saved as jpeg

kiron 105 macro test un edited by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Same picture edited a little and with a bit of a sharpen

kiron 105 macro test by scilly puffin, on Flickr
Wow that's really nice, looks very sharp. Think I will definitely be getting one of these, just need to keep an eye out for a good deal. Love all these adapters now available for the mirrorless bodies, hours of fun and some great deals if you can find them. Thanks for posting! Hopefully that lens has a long life ahead of it now!

1st one is excellent but No 2 is a little blown but overall both nice, not bad for a oldie, lens that is :D

Thanks Graham, I did alter highlights a bit, nice to see it performs well.

Wow that's really nice, looks very sharp. Think I will definitely be getting one of these, just need to keep an eye out for a good deal. Love all these adapters now available for the mirrorless bodies, hours of fun and some great deals if you can find them. Thanks for posting! Hopefully that lens has a long life ahead of it now!

Thanks Tim, will source an adapter soon and give it a go on the M. It needs a good tripod head underneath it. Will try it in the wild soon.

Back