Kites C&C welcome

Edit My Images
Yes
I had the pleasure of taking photo`s of these guys (and possibly gals I guess :shrug:)

2701175920_0e88145948_o.jpg

and

2700361393_f0a458a288_o.jpg

Wish the sky wasn`t blown out on that one :bang:

Finally

2701176454_7b76403f59_o.jpg

Thanks for looking and hopefully commenting, as I said all C&C welcome.

Mark

Stunning photos all 3. the first one blew me away and number 3 is fantastic. #2 could even outdo the other 2 if you turned the photo around and just changed the background. i know nothing of photoshop but im sure that would be fairly easy. Love birds of prey and you got some stunning shots there mate.. well done

Oh Wow, simply stunning shots. I think no 2 edges it for me due to the position of the bird and it's wings.

Great shot there (y), Where did you take these if you don't mind me asking. #2 for me for the pose you have managed to capture :clap::clap:

Fantastic. Well done and keep them coming. Thanks for sharing

JUST AWESOME SHOTS.

How about swapping backgrounds? Let's take the DoF from 1 and put it behind the bird from #1. Would that work? The bird shape is great in #2, a fabulous capture.

Wow, they are absolutely stunning and very very sharp, whats lens was it?

Thanks Zeddicus, I would like to change the background of two but don`t know how, must be able to find out somehow :thinking:.

Macky these were taken at Gigrin farm near Rhayder, a great place to photograph these wonderful birds, prices are a little steep (£10 for use of a hide designed for photography....for about 3hrs) but the money goes to a good cause and the opertunities for good shots are high. If you are ever in the area I would highly recomend it.

Didgi I thought too that I had applied to much Gaussian blur, but I couldn`t be bothered going round the kite again so left it as is, the originals not bad but I found the background to be a little too distracting.

RH1944 I think that I have allowed editing, you would be welcome to swap the backgrounds....it was the only fault i had with that shot :D

Explosion they were taken with either a 500 + 1.4 or 300 + 2, can`t remember which, will find out and have the exif data for you by monday.

Thanx all for the kind comments, have admired the shots on here for a while.

Mark

Forgot to mention that if you post any questions I can`t get back to you till monday.

Oh and thanx sawman (i`m psychic :LOL: ) (ahhhhh darn it it says its been edited......ah well guess you`ll all know i`m not psychic......hmmm is that spelt right :thinking: )

Last edited:
Macky these were taken at Gigrin farm near Rhayder, a great place to photograph these wonderful birds, prices are a little steep (£10 for use of a hide designed for photography....for about 3hrs) but the money goes to a good cause and the opertunities for good shots are high. If you are ever in the area I would highly recomend it.

Im only about 30 mins from http://www.argatyredkites.co.uk/ but the most of them have wing tags on them which spoil a stunning bird imho i guess they don't have tags on them down there mate (y)

excellent set - sharp with good poses in each - well done

Nice set. Sky doesn't look too blown in the second, just a bit flat looking.

If anyone is interested, I still have a couple of places for a trip to Gigrin in September. Details here.

I must say, I think £10 is pretty good value when you look how much we spend on kit!

Paul

Great pics of a beautiful bird No.2 just edges it for me over No.3 :clap:

Macky as Ian`s already said some of the birds there do have tags but there are plenty enough that don`t so its not to difficult to find several without. Interestingly they also have an albino there at the moment though I didn`t get a shot of him.

Thompo I would really recomend Gigrin its a great place to get close to the birds, you get a few Buzzards there and I believe that they have had Honey Buzzard in the past, but the Kites are the stars.

Paul your probably right about the prices, i`d never thought about it that way before.

Thanx to cosmix, erding, Ian, Trex, chewy and Banath for the comments.

Mark

Great set Mark, you've caught the menace that their prey must see towards the end, very well (y)

Even though I don't like the idea of gigrin farm, there are some great shots here especially number 1 if it was a tad brighter, or is it my monitor?

Back