Knockhill BTCC

Name
John Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
1) Shedden pushing hard in the pack at the start of race 3 before his engine blew up.
9607089610_f02e1d6d92_b.jpg

2) Aiden Moffat suffering a steering failure in race 2 and heading straight for me!
9607100564_9e65b80d0c_b.jpg

3) Adam Morgan
9607105934_8bb2861126_b.jpg

4) Andrew Jordan at the chicane
9603860195_75980c1eff_b.jpg

5) Most corners at Knockhill provide the opportunity for some two wheel action if you try hard enough!
9603865317_39fa6325f1_b.jpg

6) Turkington opened up an unbeatable lead in race one ahead of Shedden and Austin
9607103424_bbda658647_b.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping for one of Flash's engine going bang:D

I like them all, John, especially 2 and 6.

I was hoping for one of Flash's engine going bang:D

I like them all, John, especially 2 and 6.

Thanks Mike.

I was at the hairpin when his engine let go at the opposite end of the circuit and was watching it on the big screen.

love #4. Just as well Formula 1 doesn't race at knockhill. judging by these shots, everyone would be penalised for having all 4 wheels over the white line! :bonk:

love #4. Just as well Formula 1 doesn't race at knockhill. judging by these shots, everyone would be penalised for having all 4 wheels over the white line! :bonk:

They do penalise cars for 4 wheels off during the regular race events, particularly the minis, but seem to turn a blind eye at the chicane when it comes to BTCC as it gives spectacular photos and what the crowd likes to see.

Great Set John was just to the right of you when Moffat came off

We were lucky fellow tog Craig was further down at the Marshal Post sitting on the steps down he was pulled away by the Marshal Moffat finished up where his Feet Were ;-)

We were lucky fellow tog Craig was further down at the Marshal Post sitting on the steps down he was pulled away by the Marshal Moffat finished up where his Feet Were ;-)

I know - lucky man!

great set of shoots, #2 the driver must have s*** himself

I'm needing to spend sometime with you guys while at knockhill always seem to be in the right spot at right time unlike myself

I am an anti-crash magnet at Knockhill, rarely at the right spot. Best advice is just to keep your eyes and ears open at all times, quite often if you hear a car skidding you can catch a few seconds prior to any impact.

Superb looking set #2 #4 and #6 for me
Cheers :)

They do penalise cars for 4 wheels off during the regular race events, particularly the minis, but seem to turn a blind eye at the chicane when it comes to BTCC as it gives spectacular photos and what the crowd likes to see.

I see that there is an article in this week's Autosport concerning the MSA getting tough on track limits. Knockhill chichane is highlighted and "will need a different approach altogether from 2014." :crying:

Great capture of Moffat as that happened very quickly.

Jordan shot is my fav of a great bunch.

I see that there is an article in this week's Autosport concerning the MSA getting tough on track limits. Knockhill chichane is highlighted and "will need a different approach altogether from 2014." :crying:

The kerbs they have in place were supposed to stop the track limit "abuse", and they weren't popular with drivers when first introduced and quite a few cars have been written off after rolling onto their roof when clipping them, sometimes innocently when the driver gets nudged offline by another, or correcting a slide.

Great capture of Moffat as that happened very quickly.

Jordan shot is my fav of a great bunch.
Cheers :)

Back