KR800 with 2 diffusion materials.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
OK, so as well as the piece of foam packaging that came in the flashgun box, I added a piece of polystyrene party plate underneath the foam. The flash was at it's default setting. with the heads about 3 to 4 inches left and right of the spider and about ten to, and ten past, above the central plane.

Camera set to f/11, ISO 125, 1/200sec.

I had to lift the exposure in Lightroom by 0.83EV.

1024kr_orb_01.jpg

Paul.

Lighting is one of my worst areas so I can't give much advice but the lighting in the image seems ok to me and looks evenly spread. If you had to increase the exposure to 0.83 in LR, is it not powerful enough after the diffusion?

Lighting is one of my worst areas so I can't give much advice but the lighting in the image seems ok to me and looks evenly spread. If you had to increase the exposure to 0.83 in LR, is it not powerful enough after the diffusion?

Thanks Icy. That's logical enough, yes - but the test is to get the light bright enough without creating highlights. That's either by moving the light closer with less power, further back with more power, or one of those two options with different diffusion materials. It's going to take a lot of fiddling around to find a happy medium.

Paul.

Back